Missionaries to vacate all missionary homes

by seenitall 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

not surprised,,Gilead as a missionary school changed about a yr or two. ,, many branches closing,,

Many questions tho,,are these missionaries basically going to be "special pioneers" now,, with some small allowance to be given yet at least for a short period of time?

Why would COs be living in former missionary homes?? Aren't they suppose to be living week to week at homes in congregations they visit?

I suspect these former missionaries, if they can get back "home" for next summer's conventions, maybe many to most will stay, hopefully their families will be able to help them out.

what a mess

• label licker
    label licker

When we were in pioneer school with this one couple, they were decent and nice. Two years later, they spent a couple of days with us and they felt it was owed to them to treat us like crap. We housed them, fed them ect,,, and the comment I got from the wife was if she couldn't help herself to anything in our home and had to ask for it then they don't belong here. WTH?? All because I said I see you found the hairdryer, that's good! They looked like they had aged twenty years and couldn't wait to put their ten years in as missionaries before they can move into bethel. Now they will have to earn a living like everyone else. So much for his scholarship that he gave up to become an elder and missionary.

• St George of England
    St George of England

An elder (UK) told me recently that congregations/circuits here are being asked to provide accomodation for retired CO's and DO's as there is no longer a position for them in Bethel.

Previously when they were too old for circuit or district work many of them were taken into Bethel.

George

• seenitall
    seenitall

All housing to be done by locals. Health care coverage and small monthly $ provided by hqts.

So, now local pubs / congs have to help out retired COs, special pios, as well as care for local cong expenses, KH loan, etc. Oftentimes, wealthier congs are shamed by the branch or CO to "provide" this assistance. Also, brothers who has a business are almost expected to give jobs to former Bethelites (asked to leave to assist congs) MTS students, Chistian couple students and others.

ALL $ is being provided by locals. Give, give and give - more, more , more and don't forget given your expertise at the new Warwick project. Oh, not skilled - just give us your money. We have ATM / debit account info ready for you online or at your gathering place. Fleece the flock of lambs and sheep.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It's a publishing corporation. All decisions are made to ensure the corporation's existence and future.

• losingit
    losingit

I remember when i did a tour of a foreign branch office how proud the JW tour guide was about the fact that their old time missionaries were being taken care of . I thiught it was veryencouraging. This tour was before i got baptized and made a big impression on me. This news is disheartening. However, in a morbid type of way, we can rejoice bc there will be no more missionaries to promote cult propaganda. Let WT bleed dry, financially and spiritually.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Is HeadQuarters ( tm ) getting ready to sing more songs from their Cha - Ching working business manual song book?

From

The Cha - Chinggg Song Book

We have the next begging song from WT

"Hey Now... Yes Now... Yes We mean Now"

We don't like sex, or kids, or white picket fence

No diapers, or school clothes, or braces to buy

No mortgage for us, no car payment to make

But WE LOVE MONEY, give it to us

Anyway you wanna , give it to us

Hey Now... Yes Now... Yes. We mean NOW

No mortgage for us, no car payment to make

But WE LOVE MONEY, give it to us

Anyway you wanna , give it to us

Hey Now...Yes Now... Yes. We mean NOW

Did you get that COBE? Tell ' em NOW

If this thread is true, is this why they would be closing them? Money. If you are greedy, you never have enough.

LoisLane

• jam
    jam

"Must get housing on your own" . The missionaries I

served with barely had enough money for a decent meal. Visiting one

missionary family ( in another district) for lunch. He takes out a portion of

meat to prepare. I'm looking at this piece of meat and it's green, rotten.

So I said, you can't eat that it's green. He said we just cut out the

green stuff, it's OK. This the way we do things down here.

Most of the brothers would take a month off and come to the states

to work , the little money they received from the WT put them below

poverty level. Most relied on family and friends for extra income.

Placing publication was a source of income.

Question, are we talking about the missionary home for district OS in each country?

Those brothers that lived in other districts in the country made arrangements

for their housing. They were given a small allowance for housing and food.

I'm sure they are not talking about cutting out the housing allowance for

missionaries, that's ridiculous.

• designs
    designs

nugget-

Mother ain't so mothering.

• seenitall
    seenitall

They will receive an allowance. But, no more official missionary homes anywhere. They want missionaries to be on their own without the buildings. This means no more group housings with official cooking / cleaning days, expense accounts to go over with the home branch / zone servants. You are now going to fit in with the locals and not be on WT land. Pushed to the curb and looking for a place to live with locals, on their own or with outside funds from home.

Not sure about translation teams and their being able to stay in old missionary homes / rooms. Will check sources for that info.

It is very interesting indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit