Missionaries to vacate all missionary homes

by seenitall 80 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

I wonder how many GBs and their wives would give up their apartments and move in with some family.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Exactly Nugget

Spirituality is dead in this organization. The boys in brooklyn use religion as a way to pimp the sheep

through the streets, laundromats, and on corners worldwide. In many places pimpin' is illegal

Unless it's disguised as a religion

• jam
    jam

I reread the op, and I'm confused. Are we talking about the branch

office for Missionaries in each country. I wasn't aware of missionary

homes because where I served the brothers that served in other districts

always made their own arrangement.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    They will receive an allowance. But, no more official missionary homes anywhere. They want missionaries to be on their own without the buildings. This means no more group housings with official cooking / cleaning days, expense accounts to go over with the home branch / zone servants. You are now going to fit in with the locals and not be on WT land. Pushed to the curb and looking for a place to live with locals, on their own or with outside funds from home.

This looks like (if true) a simplification. The status of missionary is being abolished and former missionaries are being placed in the same category as Special pioneers. There's a certain logic in that. Why have two categories, with one more privileged (in some ways) than the other.

If you're using the writings attributed to Paul as an organisational model, then you'd be hard put to argue that there should be two categories, both doing essentially the same work, but with one more privileged than the other.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mother's Big Beth Hell Mams have nipples that suckle the suckers with vinegar...

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Lois They like sex with kids.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Lois, you have a gift as a song writer. You should send that one to Bono.

So is this for real? Are we talking about all Missionary homes? I know that Gilead doesn't exist anymore. Is this a fallout due to this initiative?

• designs
    designs

They must have gone to a Mitt Romney motivational conference

• seenitall
    seenitall

In many countries there were WT owned missionary homes, often besides the offical branch office. These are being done away with as housing for missionaries. Missionary status is dying off. No more Gilead School. Couples and single brothers will be approved, schooled and sent out by each country, except where special need. WT provided housing for such ones is not available. An end of an era that has spanned 70 years.

• jam
    jam

If we are talking about Missionary homes how are they going to handle

the bulk of publications, mags song books and etc. that comes into the country?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit