Missionaries to vacate all missionary homes

by seenitall 80 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

OK, you answered my question "missionary homes besides the branch

office". Thanks

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Watchtower pushes youths to have goals like Bethel, Pioneering, Missionaries & Circuit overseers. They are told not to pursue higher education or to become financially independent.

The youths are told not to worry about food, clothing and shelter as the WT would provide that for them as long that they remain in their assignments.

Now that bubble has burst as Bethelites have been laid off, missionaries and circuit overseers have had their monthly re-imbursements cut and now these people have to depend on the compassion and sorrow of the locals.

Those youths that believed that fantasy now have to face the fact that they were misled and now have to find a way to survive especially if their past their prime.

I know a former district overseer in his 60's that spent his whole life in fulltime service and now has to work as a pirate cabdriver to survive as his special pioneer allowance is not enough to get by.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Jehovah really cares for his faithful servants doesn't he?

• designs
    designs

No more Gilead School! I guess that follows doesn't it.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Groups of missionaries living together in a single location make a juicy target for groups that want to lash out at "Western Imperialsts".

This may be a wise move for the missionaries. Maybe it's time for them to get the hell out of some countries.

I wonder if this can be correlated with the move in Mexico to end the English speaking congregations.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS take stuff literal. They got missionarys flyin' from pillar to post

like the birds in the heavens. To bad they can't get a full belly on birdseed

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Announcing..

New WBT $ Housing Arrangements!!..

WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes.. Are all Moving to Patterson..

JW Missionaries.. Can go Live Under a Bridge..

..........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• metatron
    metatron

I believe they announced the phase out of Gilead school sometime ago. However, this seems unusually cynical.

That said, there has been precedence for this sort of ugly behavior, across the years. Gilead, in particular, has a long history of cold hearted, ruthless and uncaring treatment of missionaries - together with a high dropout rate and plenty of severe illness that would often wipe out the most zealous missionary for a couple years (or life?).

I think that few religious organizations would treat people as badly as this. And they always get away with it.

metatron

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

LOL OUTLAW! - as usual. . .

Not surprising news, but still quite interesting.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Our Kingdom Ministry

March 2008 page 1

Time: " How commendable it is to ' buy out ' time from less important things to share in the ministry. "

Energy: " Having energy to use in the ministry requires that we avoid recreation and employment that leaves us so tired that we cannot give Jehovah our best "

Resources: " We can also give of our material resources to support the preaching work "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit