Missionaries to vacate all missionary homes

by seenitall 80 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It's every man for himself now.....Julia Orwell

.....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

So how do we find out if there is any truth to this?

if it became official, a good question to our JWs would be; 'if we are pulling all of our missionaries out, how can the good news be preached to all the inhabited earth?'

no doubt some will immediately think the great trib is here.. But after that wears off, they'll have to wonder.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Snare and racket , your story makes my heart hurt.

• bohm
    bohm

Is gilead closing??? Wth.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

liquidity crisis perhaps looming...if I had shares I'd sell sell sell!

• WideAwake
    WideAwake

marked

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

The GB is no longer comfortable with the "missionary position" and has decided to "pull out" before it gets messy.

NJY

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's see what happens. One thing is sure, the trend is for Dubs to " vacation" where the need is great. You are responsible for yourself. The GB aint paying for anything or anyone. Those who can afford to are taking it easy in English speaking "foreign" lands. Everyone else must suffer through the same old drudgery.

• label licker
    label licker

Well, that explains the one couple who was at the annual meeting last year from Haiti. They were trying to be (went on their own)misssionaries and came for the last gilead class and went back with missionary status just to go from here straight into bethel. Unreal. When I asked her relative here she smirked and would not tell me. When I asked her why would society train them as missionaries just to go into bethel there. Just that they were needed more so in bethel so she said. Then why feed and house them at brooklyn for months and why not just go straight into bethel in the states. The more she opened her mouth, the more she was making me ask questions that she couldn't answer.

OMG. There was a seventy-eight year old missionary flown back from Thailand last year. Her husband passed away there and her whole life as a missionary was there with her deceased husband. She just went back there this past summer for all her memories are there. How sad. When she was up here, she saw how bad they were treating us here and said it to me. Her nephew is an elder in this hall. She wouldn't tell anyone the real reason why she left here but I could tell the service here was a joke to her. If only I could tell her the whole entire religion is a joke.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEENITALL:

I remember hearing rumors over a year ago and now the axe has fallen.

The bottom inescapable line: these people WILL end up in local congregations somewhere.

Now, ADD that to broke pioneers, elderly who didn't plan for retirement, released hungry bethelites, COs looking for freebies and housing, needy R&F with "issues" looking for handouts, people who have or are about to lose their jobs - and the very scarce responsible people holding down a job being targeted left and right - you have a BIG problem!!!

Hopefully, any thinking people should be FED UP and gettin' the hell out of there!! I am glad I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit