Missionaries to vacate all missionary homes

by seenitall 80 Replies latest jw friends

• seenitall
    seenitall

Latest news from a source (missionary in foreign land):

No more missionary homes anywhere in the world.

All missionaries presently in missionary homes must vacate. Must get housing on your own / from the locals.

Circuit and district overseers have moved into many of these former missionary homes.

Reasons: Liability, cost savings, real estate to be sold or used for other purposes.

Needless to say, many of these longtime servants are very unsettled. But wait, aren't they returning for the 2014 Conventions? Oh, this is being funded by the cong. publishers and not headquaters.

Any more info or opinions?

Seenitall

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I was always under the impression these folks were as poor as dirt. How are they going to afford their own housing?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

???????????????????????????????????????????????? and ???????????????

LoisLane

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Watchtower-Free
  • Simon
    Simon

Wow, if you'd moved out to some 3rd world country a decade ago you'd be seriously screwed and find it difficult to move back unles you had some money tucked away.

I remember a young couple in our hall going off to be missionaries in Kenya - I wonder if they still thought it was a good idea? I wonder if they're still even there?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

wt, why are you smiling?

• sir82
    sir82

The callousness the WT shows toward its loyal long-time servants continues to expand.

• nugget
    nugget

The more you give the society the more they take from you.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Unbelieveable. This is serious. The WT is giving up, or caving in. Many of these missionaries live with the barest of necessities. And now many will live without running water or electricity. Let's see how long this lasts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit