Video of admitted child molester in Jehovah’s Witnesses has gone viral!

by disfellowshipped1 106 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Who has the last word when it comes to appointments and deletions of overseers in the 110,000+ congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

1. ‘When recommendations for appointment of overseers and ministerial servants are submitted to a branch office of the Watch Tower Society, experienced men rely on God’s spirit for guidance in making the appointments. These men feel a sense of accountability, realizing that they must not lay their hands hastily upon any man, lest they share in his sins.—1 Timothy 5:22.’

Theocratic appointments come from Jehovah through his Son and God’s visible earthly channel, “the faithful and discreet slave” and its Governing Body. (1/15/01 W pg 15-16 par 17-19)

2. The Governing Body may arrange for men who qualify to serve as overseers in any locality at any time. The Governing Body is not bound by the recommendations of any local body of elders. Such recommendation serve merely as a guide and may even be rejected for reasons well-known to the Governing Body. (Organized Book pg 39, 40 ‘Positions of Responsibility In The Congregation’)

As can be seen ‘Mother’ has the last word. And appointments come only from her!

• cofty
    cofty
    the congregation is the major factor in the appointment or removal of an elder

You are a liar.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

DOH!!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

After 9/11 I called an Elder in San Diego that I knew since I was a little girl. He was like a big brother to me. I told him about a JW that molested me. He knew this brother ( tm ).

He told me LoisLane just forget about it. It happened years ago. PeeWee died a year ago, a JW in good standing. Let it go.

I said no one has apologized to me.

This Elder got angry on the phone with me and I started crying.

I don't recall what else he said. I was in shock.

It is too late for me.

My abusers are all dead.

They were all JW's except for 2.

This has got to stop.

Just Lois

• Prime
    Prime

You are a liar.

No I'm not. Does anyone outside the perimeters of a local congregation recommend a person for appointment as an elder or a ministerial servant? If you used to be a Witness, you know I'm right. You're the liar. Most people like you are.

Check the case files. You'll see a systematic policy referred to where a person with any kind of history of child abuse is not to be appointed. Had the two elders that knew about this man done the right thing and notified the parents and the Watchtower Society, they would have spared others unnecessary suffering. If you assault anyone's kid, they will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law. You know what kind of parents JWs are. No one is anyone's puppet master and controls what others do especially if they know nothing about it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Does anyone outside the perimeters of a local congregation recommend a person for appointment as an elder or a ministerial servant?"

Brothers that move across the country will be recommended by their previous congregation, not by the local congregation. The appointment of any elder is not official until the appropriate correspondence is sent from the branch with an official stamp. It is explained that the service department and the governing body carefully review and pray over these appointments. Official WT teaching is that the elders are appointed by Holy Spirit. Wouldn't the Holy Spirit know whether someone has previously or will in the future sexually assault a child? Clearly, elders are not appointed by Holy Spirit. That's just another lie promoted in the pages of WT.

"You know what kind of parents JWs are."

Naive, that's what they are. They've been taught by WT to believe that the elders are carefully selected by the Holy Spirit to protect them from a wicked world. Little do the ordinary JWs realize, the BoE is just a local "good ole boys" club that can do whatever they want and get the rubber stamp of approval from headquarters. If a child is molested, that is a crime that should be reported to the police. However, WT doesn't recognize it as a crime, only as "spiritual weakness" on the part of the abuser.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Prime: Check the case files. You'll see a systematic policy referred to where a person with any kind of history of child abuse is not to be appointed

---

You are wrong yet again, Prime. Even something as serious as pedophilia will not necessarily disqualify and Elder from being appointed or re-appointed:

"Shepherd The Flock" book, p.38:

19. If it comes to light or an appointed brother confesses that he has committed a disfellowshipping offense years in the past, the body of elders may determine he can continue to serve if the following is true: The immorality or other wrongdoing occurred more than a few ago, and he is genuinely repentant, recognizing that he should have come forward immediately when he sinned. (Perhaps he has even confessed to his sin} seeking help with his guilty conscience.) He has been serving faithfully for many years, has evidence of God's blessing, and has the respect of the congregation.

20.If the sin occurred before he was appointed as an Elder or a ministerial servant, the elders will need to take into consideration the fact that he should have mentioned this possible impediment to his qualified when elders interviewed him just to announcing his appointment. Moreover, nature of the sin may reflect greatly on his qualifications to serve. For example, the sin may involve past child abuse, and this would likely disqualify him for years. -w971/1 pp. 26-29; w77 pp. 697-698.

• cofty
    cofty
    Does anyone outside the perimeters of a local congregation recommend a person for appointment as an elder or a ministerial servant? If you used to be a Witness, you know I'm right. You're the liar. Most people like you are. - Prime Liar

I am a former elder.

We could only suggest new candidates to the branch office at the visit of the circuit overseer. The opinions of the elders for and against the appointment were summarised by the CO in his report and he added his own comments. The responsibility to apppoint or not is 100% that of the branch office acting on behalf of the governing body.

I have also been involved in the deletion of an elder. As a body we could only state our reasons why we felt the brother no longer qualified. The branch appointed an external committee of elders to investigate. They listened to the views of the body of elders and those of the elder concerned. They wrote up a summary along with their own opinions and sent them to the branch office. It was only the branch office acting on behalf of the governing body who could make the decision.

You are a willful liar and an apologist for an organisation who protects pedophiles before it protects children.

Shame on you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You know what kind of parents JWs are.

The kind of parents who show only conditional love to their children

THe kind of parents who will put the name of the organisation above the safety of their children

The kind of parents who instill fear, prejudice and hatred of others into vulnerable minds.

The kind of parents who would rather their kids die than accept life saving treatment.

The kind of parents who trust implicity in an organisatiion that lies and decievss.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Prime most of us here have been elders, we know the system and we know when someone is talking shit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit