Video of admitted child molester in Jehovah’s Witnesses has gone viral!

by disfellowshipped1 106 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• valkyrie
  • Mary
    Mary

Somehow I thought after all the bad publicity they got a decade ago on Dateline, they'd smarten up and actually deal with pedophilia.

That was incredibly naive of me to think that.

• Mary
    Mary
    Prime said: However, he would never have been appointed had the elders acted as they were supposed to and reported him to the Watchtower Society

• cedars
    cedars

The case of Gonzalo Campos really is shocking when you research it.

Chance after chance to stop his rampage of abuse was thrown away. And he was abusing right up to 1995 when he was finally removed as an elder and disfellowshipped. Even then, still no report to the authorities.

Cedars

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

Hello!

My friend, the letters are genuine. Here you can ask to be certain:

Name Congregation: Villa Fontana-Tijuana, B.C.

[Tenochtitlan, Poblado Ejido Matamoros, Tijuana, Baja California]
    Calle 11 #96
    Col. Ejido Matamoros
    22226 Tijuana, B.C.

GPS Location: 32.523649, -116.868077

Phone: [País México] (664) 701-3175 y (664) 701-1335

Salón del Reino

CongregationCongregation Bible StudyPublic MeetingSelect
    Villa Fontana-Tijuana, B.C.Wednesday, 7:00 p.m.Saturday, 7:00 p.m.

PD: Thanks Cedars, for link my blog! Also I have information from Hungarian Branch...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Mary - "Somehow I thought after all the bad publicity they got a decade ago on Dateline, they'd smarten up and actually deal with pedophilia. That was incredibly naive of me to think that."

I don't think you were naive.

I think you simply hadn't grasped yet just how much of an authoritarian high control group the WTS was; that overarching and fundamental aspect of the Organization makes internal progressive reform (of any kind, really) virtually impossible, particularly regarding the institutionalized sexual victimization of young people.

I would argue that no matter how righteous and/or authentic a religion seems to be, if it is - at its core - authoritarian, that alone is enough to refute and disqualify it's claims of legitimacy, because that fundamental characteristic influences and undermines every other aspect and policy of the religion that makes the claim.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

@hildebrando

Thanks for sharing those. They make a great case for congregational (as the organization's tool) accountability, and not just individual.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Glad that San Diego covered that story.

Hopefully at least a few JW's are disgusted enough to look deeper into the allegations.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Mary - "Somehow I thought after all the bad publicity they got a decade ago on Dateline, they'd smarten up and actually deal with pedophilia. That was incredibly naive of me to think that."

Just a follow up...

Back when she was on the Bethel writing staff, Barb Anderson thought they'd smarten up and actually deal with it, too.

So I'd say you're in pretty good company.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I read 90% of this thread then it dawned on me. I once was in a congregation where they had a shake up of the boe. This was initiated by the CO writing to the wbts. The body of elders did not recommend anything. Yet 5 elders were removed and 3 were appointed from other congregations. No local say in the matter. This alone proves that appointments come from the society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit