Video of admitted child molester in Jehovah’s Witnesses has gone viral!

by disfellowshipped1 106 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

He looks like he loaths mentioning the 2 Witness rule. I am no Dr. Lightman, but his face seemed to momentarily change. Just my opinion.

• poppers
    poppers

"I don't know why the police weren’t informed."

Seriously? You don't know why the police weren't informed?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Why does Prime favour the threads about paedophiles?

Why does Prime defend the watchtower stance on protection of paedophiles?

To stir up debate and controversy?

Troll anybody?

• Prime
    Prime
    Prime, You can only be joking with us. I was a elder. I was appointed by the Watchtower and when I abdicated from office was only announced when the organization sent a confirmation that it was no longer elder.
    Like all the elders and ministerial servants, is the Watchtower who appoint and remove this ones.

The appointment of an elder is “approved” by the Watchtower Society, registered with the Watchtower Society as a legal entity, but the appointment of an elder or removal is still done by the local congregation. If there is a problem with the elders in a certain congregation, the first step is for a circuit overseer to resolve the matter. The Watchtower Society doesn't preside over congregations in the way that some people say.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    breakfast of champions - "They'll keep repeating the same canned crap over and over until they're bankrupt."

There a downside to that?

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

The appointment of an elder is “approved” by the Watchtower Society, registered with the Watchtower Society as a legal entity, but the appointment of an elder or removal is still done by the local congregation.

That is like saying that when Microsoft buys out another company, the person in the finance department who writes the check is responsible for the acquisition, instead of the executives. The congregation announces whatever appointments and deletions the WTS approves and tells them to announce. They only make recommendations and announce them after they are approved. WTS has the final word.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    but the appointment of an elder or removal is still done by the local congregation.

---

Wrong!!!

The local congregation can recommend an appointment or deletion, but the final action in either case comes directly from the Branch through the Circuit Overseer who represents the Branch.

The local cong. has no authority to appoint anyone into an official position. This is clearly outlined in the "Shepherd The Flock" book.

• Londo111
    Londo111

And the circuit overseer, who would resolve a problem with the congergation elders, is a direct represenative of the Watchtower, on thier payroll.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Data-Dog - "Your statements show either a lack of insight, or honesty."

A little from Column A, a little from Column B?

• Prime
    Prime
    Wrong!!!
    The local congregation can recommend an appointment or deletion, but the final action in either case comes directly from the Branch through the Circuit Overseer who represents the Branch.
    The local cong. has no authority to appoint anyone into an official position. This is clearly outlined in the "Shepherd The Flock" book.

In some religions, authority rests strictly with a certain entity. For organizational purposes and safe keeping, of course, the administrative position of Jehovah's Witnesses reserves the right to have the final say-so on certain matters. The point I was making, is the congregation is the major factor in the appointment or removal of an elder. The organization doesn't function like a hierarchical priesthood where the first step in becoming an ordained minister is a divinity degree.

"After you graduate from college with your Bachelor Degree, you would then enroll in St. Tikhon Seminary in South Canaan, Pennsylvania or St. Vladimir Seminary in Crestwood, New York, not far from New York City, where you would spend three more years pursuing theological studies which would lead to a Master of Divinity degree."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit