Video of admitted child molester in Jehovah’s Witnesses has gone viral!

by disfellowshipped1 106 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cantleave
    cantleave

Prime has anyone ever told you - you talk crap?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    The point I was making, is the congregation is the major factor in the appointment or removal of an elder.

--

Repeating a wrong point over and over does not make it right. Appointments come from the Branch, not the congregation.

Pri me:

The organization doesn't function like a hierarchical priesthood

2/22/12 court hearing, Re: Menlo Park, Ca.

In the case involving the cong. in Menlo Park, Ca., the WT attorney, Mr. Rouse, said this on page 4 of the court transcripts:

" I am general counsel of the National Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses out of Brooklyn, New York...this is one of our 13,000 congregations in the United States. We are a hierarchal religion structured just like the Catholic Church. And when the order from the Pope comes down in the Church defrocking a priest and kicking him out, he no longer has any say in any matter of the parish".

p.5:

".... He [Jason Cobb] claims he wants to be reinstated as a director and an officer in the Menlo Park Congregation. This is contrary to our church rules and regulations and bylaws.

We brought our organizational bylaws book, our rule book here, and we are prepared to present witnesses that this is a hierarchal organization. It is governed from the top down."

--

Care to stick your foot in your mouth about any other points, Prime?

• cedars
    cedars

Here is my article on this subject, for anyone interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/license-to-harm-predator-gonzalo-campos-was-allowed-by-elders-to-prey-on-children

Cedars

• Prime
    Prime
    2/22/12 court hearing, Re: Menlo Park, Ca.
    In the case involving the cong. in Menlo Park, Ca., the WT attorney, Mr. Rouse, said this on page 4 of the court transcripts:
    " I am general counsel of the National Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses out of Brooklyn, New York...this is one of our 13,000 congregations in the United States. We are a hierarchal religion structured just like the Catholic Church. And when the order from the Pope comes down in the Church defrocking a priest and kicking him out, he no longer has any say in any matter of the parish".
    p.5:
    ".... He [Jason Cobb] claims he wants to be reinstated as a director and an officer in the Menlo Park Congregation. This is contrary to our church rules and regulations and bylaws.
    We brought our organizational bylaws book, our rule book here, and we are prepared to present witnesses that this is a hierarchal organization. It is governed from the top down."
    --
    Care to stick your foot in your mouth about any other points, Prime?

I know little about the “Menlo Park Congregation” situation. I would have to look at the case files myself to see exactly what happened there. From what I'm reading here, it looks like some person(s) completely rebelled against the administrative position of the organization and tried to utilize the legal system (litigation) for their own appointment completely independent of the Watchtower Society. If this is the sole objective of a person(s), I can understand why the above was stated. If someone is going to these extremes, they called upon any legal controls available to protect the organization. They're obviously not going to yield to the position of anyone who has the sole objective to operate completely independent of the administrative position of Jehovah's organization while still bearing the name, “Jehovah's Witnesses,” and operating as a congregation of the organization. That's not scriptural or practical. Unless the unity of the organization is being directly threatened and challenged as in a case like this, the administrative position of the organization goes to great lengths to yield to the decision making of local congregations when it comes to appointing and removing elders, or expelling a person from the congregation.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Excellent thread! This is a topic that needs to be BTTT repeatedly.

I'd like to thank disfellowshipped1, Cedars, Barbara Anderson and many others for keeping us informed.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Prime-

You should look up the term "cognitive dissonance".

I know little about the “Menlo Park Congregation” situation

Then it's silly for you to speculate and comment on it. Incidentally, your interpretation is so off course it defies imagination.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"...the administrative position of the organization goes to great lengths to yield to the decision making of local congregations when it comes to appointing and removing elders, or expelling a person from the congregation."

That's just "apostate talk" coming from a "diseased mind." Such "fleshly" reasoning is not in line with the "light" from Jehovah's channel. Appointments of elders are made by Holy Spirit. The decisions made by judicial committees are directed by Holy Spirit.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Someone give Prime a copy of the Shepherd Book... Prime, what rebellion is Menlo Park guilty of? There is no " WT chain " or hierarchy according to you... what could they have possibly rebelled against?

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Prime, why do I suspect you may be a lawyer for the WTBTS. The more you defend the WTBTS the more as its sounding if you want to throw blame on Elders an R & F to deflect from higher ups. My thoughts about you.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Lol. Prime is a funny guy. I was an Elder long enough to know without a doubt that the Society appoints the elders. Look at the Shepherd book and consider the questions the branch requires to be asked before the announcement? Also why does the appointing letter come on a form from the branch with the confirmation of appointment.

Prime you are an idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit