The Truth of the Matter Is.......

by Este 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Este:

I don't post on my own I am compelled to write so it is not me that is writing.......I just do as I am told. I don't need a way out for we are in the end without a doubt.

If you are hearing actual audible voices, it is very important that you seek medical attention.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The year 2016 will be the end of ninety generations since Abraham if you calculate one generation to be 42 years. This generation will by no means pass away until all of these things take place.

Every single friggin' year is some number of generations from something in history (or the Bible's fiction). Especially if you can vary the length of a generation. And what's significant about "90" ?

There is no reason to expect that this reasoning is any more solid than that of William Miller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment) or C.T. Russell's reasoning that Christ had returned invisibly in 1874, and that a period known as the "Gentile Times" would end in 1914, a single generation of 40 years from then, and that Christ would take power of Earth's affairs at that time (1914).

SO, we will hear from you in 2017 with your excuse. "Well, I forgot to carry the one, or that there was no year Zero, or a generation is really 42.1 years so we have a bit of time left. YADDA YADDA YADDA."

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Yes is does.....it also coincides with the number of years a women has to bear children, which is around 42 years with exceptions of course, due to imperfection of the human body.

No. You're an idiot. The medically recommended ages for childbirth are from 20-35, but women can indeed have children older than 42. And your irrelevant quote about menopause says nothing at all about '42' having any significance at all.

And your 'generations' don't work for the period from David to the deportation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good reading for anyone who likes to predict the end of the world:

• Este
    Este

17 All the generations, then, from Abraham until David were fourteen generations, and from David until the deportation to Babylon fourteen generations, and from the deportation to Babylon until the Christ fourteen generations.

In 589 BC, Nebuchadnezzar II laid siege to Jerusalem, culminating in the destruction of the city and its temple in 587 BC.

14 generations X42=588 years(b.c.e.) so it would make sense that a generation is 42 years

note: I came up with 42 years by multiplying three periods of 14 generations or 14X3=42 than compared it with historical facts....

E.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    note: I came up with 42 years by multiplying three periods of 14 generations or 14X3=42 than compared it with historical facts....

note: You're wrong, and your basis for calculation is ridiculous.

The period from David's birth to the deportation, per the Bible, is 450 years. If there were 14 generations during that period (again, per the Bible), that would make your 'generations' 32 years each. You're just wrong. A 'generation' does not have any exact length. Give up before you embarrass yourself further.

And seriously, if you're hearing actual voices 'telling you what to write', please seek medical attention.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My Mountains

This is the view that confronted me this morning. The world will be around for a long time yet. The truth of the matter is, there is no armageddon. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

• Este
    Este

note: You're wrong, and your basis for calculation is ridiculous.

The period from David's birth to the deportation, per the Bible, is 450 years. If there were 14 generations during thatperiod (again, per the Bible), that would make your 'generations' 32 years each. You're just wrong. Give up before you embarass yourself further. A 'generation' does not have any exact length.

Show me as there is no way to prove the amount of years from david..........

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Este:

Show me as there is no way to prove the amount of years from david..........

Fine.

You clearly have not researched this very well at all.

I should also note that whilst I used the year you provided (587) for the deportation when I said '450 years', the Jews actually reckoned the exile from early 597 BCE (prior to Nisan), several years prior the destruction of Jerusalem. So, strictly speaking it was actually 439 years from David until the deportation. So not only are you wrong about the length of 'a generation', but you're also wrong about the 'starting point' for the '14 generations' from the deportation until the alleged time of Jesus.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

His "voices" in his head havent researched it very well either...

Este, hearing voices and seeing visions is all down to your very own brain inside your very own head. There is no one external telling you anything at all. You do KNOW this right? if you dont know this then it is time you did.

http://www.oliversacks.com/books/hallucinations/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit