The Truth of the Matter Is.......

by Este 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Este
    Este

I should also note that whilst I used the year you provided for the deportation when I said '450 years' (until 587), for clarity I should note that the Jewish exile was actually reckoned from early 597 BCE (prior to Nisan). So, strictly speaking it was actually 439 years from David until the deportation. But that makes no difference to how entirely wrong you are.

There are so many different accounts as to which year this or that ocurred. No one knows for sure. A generation has to do with child birth. My evidence is reliant upon prophetic fulfillment, a known fact of the amount of years for womens furtility, and coincidental time periods........there are some that even dispute the amount of years that men have lived upon the earth so who knows for sure?

E.

Abram's origins and calling [edit]

Abram's Counsel to Sarai (watercolor circa 1896-1902 by James Tissot)

Terah, the tenth in descent from Noah, fathered three sons, Abram (later called Abraham), Nahor and Haran. Abraham's birth had numerological significance for the authors of the Genesis story: his first year commenced exactly 1600 years after the Creation, or the square of forty, a biblical generation and one of the most common round numbers in the biblical literature. [6]

Haran fathered Lot (who was thus Abraham's nephew), and died in his native city, Ur of the Chaldees. Abram married Sarai, his (probably half-) sister, who was barren. Terah, with Abram, Sarai and Lot, then departed for Canaan, but settled in a place named Haran, where Terah died at the age of 205.( Genesis 11:27-11:32 ) God then appeared to Abram and told him to leave his country and his father's house for a land that He would show him, promising to make of him a great nation, bless him, make his name great, bless those who blessed him, and curse those who cursed him. ( Genesis 12:1-3 ) Following God's command, at age 75, Abram took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, and the wealth and persons that they had acquired, and traveled to Shechem in Canaan.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Este:

There are so many different accounts as to which year this or that ocurred. No one knows for sure. A generation has to do with child birth. My evidence is reliant upon prophectic fulfillment, a known fact of the amount of years for womens furtility, and coincidental time periods........there are some that even dispute the amount of years that men have lived upon the earth so who knows for sure?

Your 'evidence' is based on speculative numerology and magical thinking. You really should just give up. Irrespective of any ambiguity, if you claim to believe the scriptures, then your calculations are wrong. On the other hand, if you don't accept the scriptures, then your calculations are irrelevant. Your dogmatic claims about fertility are also wrong.

Deflecting to speculation about Abraham has nothing at all to do with the period from David to the deportation, which has already shown you to be wrong. And if you calculate from the various traditional years attributed to the birth of Abraham (there's no real evidence Abraham ever actually existed) until Jesus for 42 generations then the length of the 'generations' varies from 43 to 47 years. You're just wrong.

And prophectic isn't a word.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There are so many different accounts as to which year this or that ocurred. No one knows for sure. A generation has to do with child birth. My evidence is reliant upon prophectic fulfillment, a known fact of the amount of years for womens furtility, and coincidental time periods........there are some that even dispute the amount of years that men have lived upon the earth so who knows for sure?

• Comatose
    Comatose

EP I just did exactly that. I almost typed and then didn't. Lol

• Este
    Este

A significant time period in history is the 911 attacks in New York which commenced a war upon the holy land. Read Revelations chapter 13 in order to understand its fulfillment of prophecy. The wild beast begin to reign after the 911 attacks without a doubt....the man of lawlessness was revealed etc. etc.

E.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

A significant time period in history is the 911 attacks in New York which commenced a war upon the holy land.

There has been war there for thousands of years.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    A significant time period in history is the 911 attacks in New York which commenced a war upon the holy land. Read Revelations chapter 13 in order to understand its fulfillment of prophecy. The wild beast begin to reign after the 911 attacks without a doubt....the man of lawlessness was revealed etc. etc.

You're wrong. Changing the subject to numerological speculation and scriptural 'interpretations' about 911 won't make you less wrong.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Not less wrong, just MORE wrong.

More wrong than wrong = wronger, more wrong than wronger = wrongerer.

Este, just face it chap, you're on the wrong end of the wrong spectrum. This means you aint right, just in case you missed it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Not less wrong, just MORE wrong.
    More wrong than wrong = wronger, more wrong than wronger = wrongerer.
    Este, just face it chap, you're on the wrong end of the wrong spectrum. This means you aint right, just in case you missed it.

Wrong, wrong, wrongedy wrong wrong. He's in contention with Lars to be the president of wrong.

• Este
    Este

You're wrong. Changing the subject to numerological speculation and scriptural 'interpretations' about 911 won't make you less wrong.

Provide some reliable proof that I am wrong....is 587 B.C. a reliable date? Is 70 C.E. a reliable date? Have these dates been proven to be true by geological discoveries? Truth of the matter is we are in the last days as prophecied in the bible......

E.

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit