Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

comfty - you are the last person on the board I will discuss intimate things that you find so easy to disregard with reckless aband . yOu do not have an open mind and are merely trying to be scarcastic and immature and arrogant . I just have no use for people like you .

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

So the disgusting human sacrifices (including children) that wiped out plenty of civilizations in an effort to appease the gods have NOTHING to do with the terms stupid and gullible? Why do all religious ideas demand a free pass? If an idea is stupid, then it should be pointed out, religious or not.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I am not in disagreement about the harm done by religions but you're in the minority in the world. Simply insulting believers will not persuade them of their error (if such it is) I don't see the point in simply saying things like your original comment. It's simply rude and unconstructive. What is the point?

• bohm
    bohm

So, after ten pages it basically boil down to either accepting demons on bad evidence, or get told you have a closed mind. Classic

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Not really Bohm, one can also have no opinion on a subject, or reserve judgement. One can also challenge people's ideas like cofty is doing - by asking questions. Simply asserting a person is wrong doesn't really carry any more persuasive force than the other person asserting they are right.

When a person reports their experience, it's probably polite not to assert they are mad, stupid or gullible.

• heathen
    heathen

That's exactly my point Gromit sk. It happens on every thread about the paranormal on this board . I was interested in hearing other peoples stories but instead get negative feed back from arrogant skeptics . People will not share their stories if others constantly treat them as mentally ill .

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

For me not to believe in the supernatural would mean me labeling my parents as liars along with myself as delusional.

I don't think that most people jump to the conclusion that something is demonic or supernatural.

In the hot summer of 1976 I was staying in large old Victorian house in North London. One hot sultry night I woke up and lay there listening i could hear muffled voices. After a few minutes I jumped up and looked out of the window and swore I could see light shining from the downstairs kitchen window on to the garden. I was sure my mother and brother were in the kitchen and having tea because they couldn't sleep. I decided to go downstairs. Near the bottom of the stairs my feelings changed. It was too dark. The voices were gone. I took a look round the corner into the dark long hallway and legged it back to the bedroom. I looked out of the window. No light on the lawn. I got back into bed. I don't think it was supernatural. (there is one small point that i'm not sure about is where i was on the stairs when i realised i wasnt going any further due to the earlier experiences)

My daughter approached her lecturer (a theologian) regarding the possibility of a connection between events that occured when my brother was a baby and what he claimed at various times through his life. Things I dismissed. He agreed, i understand, that there could be a connection, another one has said no.

My view changed when my brother died due to some some occurances that i noticed along with others.

I have mentioned some of the events of my life in various posts on this site.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    People will not share their stories if others constantly treat them as mentally ill .

Agreed. I came to this thread to read experiences. I'm more than capable of drawing my own conclusions without anyone's assistance. Whether I believe it or not is irrelevent, and no one's business but my own.

W

• mind blown
    mind blown

once in a while.......MY MOTHER

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You too?!

• cofty
    cofty
    comfty - you are the last person on the board I will discuss intimate things that you find so easy to disregard with reckless aband . yOu do not have an open mind and are merely trying to be scarcastic and immature and arrogant . I just have no use for people like you . - Heathen

Heathen I don't disregard anything without careful consideration. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I haven't thought about the subject seriously.

I have seen it from both sides. I was a JW and a christian and only later in life reluctantly became an atheist after much thought.

I reject your accusation that I don't have an open mind. Some people have minds so far open their brains appear to have fallen out.

Far from being immature I have asked questions and made reasoned arguments and been repeatedly insulted in return.

Your visceral reaction to somebody challenging your superstitions says a lot about your insecurity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit