Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Sorry I thought it was somewhere you could talk about anything related to Witnesses the bible ect. I wasn't supporting anyone.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm not saying I believe everyone that claims paranormal experiences is having them but I know what I saw and grandmas house there are others that saw, so verifiable . Asking for proof on something like this is ridiculous since demons or spirits cannot be observed in a controlled environment and according to my experience ,come and go whe i least expect it . It's right in front of me staring me in the face , I don't try to make contact with them , they do take on some very strange features . BTW I don't believe in flying saucers from outter space or an underworld of reptillians controlling our government ....

• cofty
    cofty

Ucantnome - It is. Discussing the superstitions we used to fear is one thing - defending them, as many have in this thread is something else.

Heathen - the fact that you and others think they saw strange things at grandma's house is not verification.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I've been honest Cofty. Would you rather I just say things to go along with you?

• cofty
    cofty

Ucantnome - I looked back over the thread and couldn't find anywhere that you have defended belief in demons so I am puzzled by your post.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

ok

Cofty I believe in demons.

and they shudder because they believe in God. isn't that what it says

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

People can be mistaken, even a group of people can be mistaken. Our brains are hardwired to see the human form and faces and sometimes we see them when there is nothing really there like what we think is there.

I remember driving along a road in broad daylight and saw what looked like an old woman with a dog in a red coat up ahead on the verge, I looked down at my speedo and back up again and as I got closer I realised it was a red post box and a village sign forming a specific combination of shapes that my brain interpreted wrongly and that I had seen. I had a WTF moment with myself right there.

Plenty of other instances of seeing things that are NOT there.

I had and carried around my own "demonic" supernatural experience all my life from when it happened age 6 until just a few years ago when during my research into my religion and the bible I came to realise it was nothing more than a dream phase that i had abruptly awoken in, thus I had been mistaken all that time in attributing it to anything REAL. Many of these sort of events are associated with sleep, even if you think they are not because you think you were fully awake, often the location or the time of day is a big clue.

• cofty
    cofty
    isn't that what it says - Ucantnome

By "it" I gues you mean the ancient collection of texts we call the bible?

The same pre-scientific book that teaches epilepsy was caused by demon possession. The book that told the faithful to tear down a house that had mould because they thought it was leprosy. The book that assumes a flat earth, an original human pair and a global flood.

Bible writers knew as much about the world as the average Afghan warlord.

We have moved on a bit from this sort of superstition have we not?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

No I haven't

I know of some very smart people who are Christians.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I know some very smart people who are atheist.

I know some very dumb people who are Christian.

I know some very dumb people who are atheist.

WTF has that got to do with belief?

Intelligence is no guarantee of an ability to avoid delusions and poor logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit