I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

I'm not sure an organization like AAWA can treat people like this and then expect to survive. It's not just 'what' happened, it's how they have responded. It undermines the whole effort and you start to question what procedures and controls will be in place, if any, to protect both volunteers and the victims that they want to help from both the organization and from anyone with wrong motives.

Good intentions and enthusiasm are great but when things involve a) money, b) victims and c) volunteers then there are going to be risks and it needs STRONG controls in place. Right now, if someone came to me asking for help I don't think I could direct them to the AAWA with confidence.

The longer they put of actually fixing the issues, the more trust evaporates.

• *lost*
    *lost*

WOW - !!!!

Simon - RESPECT.

There are a lot of very good people on this site and we are lucky to have it.

My heart goes out to all of you that have suffered, or been lied to, or duped. And labeled negatively in the wrong. Much in-house fighting was caused here, when there was no need for it. We all have to stand together, not get divided, we all have a duty to help others.

Now at least people are getting the truth. Rather than doing their heads in. because when something doesn't add up - it doesn't add up. there's always a reason.

Unfortunately, there has been a lot of people who have suffered awfully.

Fortunately - there are many good people still living in this world that can and are willing to freely give moral support and comfort to assist. I think many of us have either learned - or are still learning hard lessons in life. But we are also finding our way out of the darkness.

When a good terrier smells a rat - it will stay at it, until it gets that rat.

Which is worth more, a good terrier - or a rat.

Hopefully many of us here can work together in unity for the greater good of others.

We have witnessed how quickly the tide can turn.

The enemy is WT org. and ''it's DEMON MINIONS''.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Aha! lol. I checked the 2 FB friend names I was given by Juan Viejo2. One was a "friend" the day I checked. Today he is gone from my list. edited to add: he beat me to it...I decided today to just take them out even though I wasn't sure it was them or other members of the group, which I think could be done if it was set up that way.

Other members of AAWA are there, and I hope it remains as such.

sigh

• okage
    okage

@Besty Are you suggesting that I should run a site that just restates everything on Grundy's site while saying that 6,000 hits is Worldwide Coverage? I don't know, it seems like alot of hard work. Lol

• Simon
    Simon

Hey, let's not argue aboue "who killed who" ...

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Lets all remember this is who we really have a problem with

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

J Mason Emerson 402 added/invited

Julia Barrick Douglas 263 added/invited

Jo Buel Jensen 132 added/invited

I don't know who J Mason Emerson is, but the other two are affiliated with AAWA. WOW. Fully 400 total added by an AAWA coordinator and an AAWA board member. What happened to the "only 50" that Juan Viejo was claiming were added by "only one" female AAWA representative? (Since Bo Juel Jensen is a board member, they sure swept his involvement under the rug.)

And to reiterate, of course, *nobody* should have been able to force-add, even "only 50", whether AAWA-affiliated or not. They could have set the settings to prevent that. And since they clearly know exactly who was force-added, and by whom, it would be easy work to remove them.

But yeah, just more "little" lies and half-truths coming to light.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

*Big sigh*

Sorry to hear this happened to you, Sic Semper.

Ugh. So frustrating.

They might still make it, but I would think disband, rethink and restart might be the better course - this time with some community builders onboard.

I agree. The concept can still be good. But I think they need a stronger board that is determined to take action based on compassion, responsibility, and experience rather than irresponsibility, denial, and arrogance.

- Lime

• sir82
    sir82
    Right now, if someone came to me asking for help I don't think I could direct them to the AAWA with confidence.

I would certainly think twice, or a hundred times, before joining them now.

• okage
    okage

@Watchtower-Free: The Governing Body are the End Bosses to the game.

Seriously though, the idea of the AAWA is right. Help those looking for an exit. Every single activist on this site has had that proposal, and right now, the AAWA is a legal entity supporting that idea.

Unfortunately, the decision maker doesn't want to fix a major issue that overshadows any pontential good they can do. If this is really about helping Witnesses find a safe exit out of the Society, Cedars should have no problem stepping down and letting one of the other members of the Board have a shot.

Yes, it's incorporated in his fake name, but that in no way obligates Cedars to be President of the group. He has proven in, what, two weeks that he cannot do what needs to be done for the good of his group, the good of the people he wants to help, or the good of the message.

It's not too outlandish a suggestion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit