I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    The problem was resolved very quickly within a couple of hours. Everyone's IP locations were blanked. There was no need to publicly post anything, I felt, for reasons of discretion - a) it would have caused unnecessary anxiety for JWNers and b) the matter was dealt with quickly and was over.

Contrast this immediate action removing the information from the web this with the AAWA's policy of "they can opt-out if they want" and dismissing valid concerns.

- Lime

• jgnat
    jgnat

the matter was dealt with quickly and was over

Thank you, Ann O'Maly. That is what is needed to ease people's fears. AAWA is past that now sadly. I am very grateful the way that Simon has consistently protected the privacy of members here.

• mind blown
    mind blown

RayPublisher so if your credit card was stolen and you reported it to the bank, but the bank did nothing to close your account and continued to let the thief charge thousands of dollars to your account and still made you pay the bill for those stolen goods and ruined your credit, you'd still consider that bank having your best interest in mind? Would you still bank with them if the situation was not rectified? Would you still consider them a good bank? A consumer friendly bank?

And what if they turned around and blamed you for you credit card being stolen, blamed you for ruining your own credit, and made you pay the bill?

On the other hand, what if they immediataly took action to solve the problem, would you be happy?

No one here as far as I know wanted to see AAWA fail. It's in action of the issues which arouse that are questioned.

Plus, other then an AAWA volunteer force added people, what's that all about making friends with that person who started the Pho AAWA page that also force added people? That should have been reported to FB. That is a huge infringement problem and should have had that persons page desolved as well.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I always think of this when I hear someone referred to as "remarkable."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyfezv2wgc

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Facebook has the strangest, almost scarry way of bringing up "Facebook Groups" I did not know existed. I have less than twenty friends on Facebook, my profile is as secret as Facebook will allow me. Here's the kicker, Facebook brings up "Groups" and "Friends" of people who are searching for my profile online, not my friends or groups I belong, but people who are activily seeking me out.

Away from JWN I am a very shy and private person who avoids JWs as much as humanly possible, playing the Devil's Advocate, what if the story above is embellished or Spoof?

Simon, you are experienced with running a website and hostings this domain, perhaps they could have hired you to help with all the issues you ran across building a website? True or False, it adds even more fear to me to sign up for any websites who desire your real name, want your phone number and address and proven email, my life is too complicated and many of our newbies and old-timers here are not ready for a giant leaf of faith.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow. This is crazy. I mean, come on, guys. I think I've learned the hard way that if any JW has any inkling you have doubts, sooner or later something could go down, but...getting outed by your supposed allies???????????? That's why I'm glad I got out and got it all over with.

I've pretty much said everything short of my last name here, so...not worried. I feel awful for the poor folks who had this happen to them because of the actions of one person. "What are you, a--triple agent?" Thousands of people affected by this? It's mind-blowing to read about.

--sd-7

• steve2
    steve2

I've come to this discussion late, but have ensured I read through all posts before commenting.

I'm disappointed that Cedars took such a slow-acting approach to the facebook add-on fiasco. Perhaps at first he was on the naive side and dare I say it, well-intentioned as he tried to fathom what had happened? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But for him to continue arguing the point days later and seeming to downplay it goes beyond naivity in my opinion. His response to one poster's disclosure of having been outed by the facebook fiasco was highly ill-judged, as was his use of language (calling the poster's experience a "story")

He understandably objected to Simon's use of foul language but, again, given how many days this has played out and Cedars evident poor grasp of the seriousness of the 'outings' makes the foul language more understandable.

There's been a lot of heat over the many pages of this thread but given the imact of the newly set up AAWA, I think it is justified. It's a warning of sorts too. Thank God I never joined!

I still wish Cedars all the best with AAWA and thank him for the many thoughtful posts he has made on JWN over the years.

• dazed but not confused
  • ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"DELETED POST" BECAUSE CEDARS LEFT THE BUILDING FOR GOOD.

• fakesmile

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit