I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

That is why some level of education is important in organizational management.

Although Enthusiasm and passion are key drivers to facilitating effective activism, but at the level of leadership, management requires some form of competence which can only be received through professionally acquired studies.

Cedars once mentioned that His highest level of Education is High School and I think it informs the whole jumble AAWA currently finds itself when an High school graduate sits at the helm of his leadership.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

AKA, blame the victim.

By Facebook's user agreement, you are not allowed to have multiple user accounts (Terms of Use 4.2), and if discovered your accounts (all of them) may be closed.

Furthermore, in some countries, such as Europe, you are legally required to use real legal name on Facebook.

So not only are you blaming the victim, what you are suggesting is in some cases against the law.

And yes, the AAWA has admitted as far that they did add people to their facebook group without consent. They've acknowledged these things happened, and continue to put people at risk by refusing to take the nessessary action of removing those people they added without consent.

- Lime

Yeah, I mean, if you want to get technical, you can be reported and banned from FB if they find that you have multiple accounts or accounts on which you use fake names. For people who have spent years building up connections with friends/family or maybe run a business with a Facebook page, they might be understandably reluctant to jeopardize that by creating a fake page solely for JW activism that could get ALL of their pages shut down. If they choose to do that, fine, but it's nobody's place to blame them for being "outed" without their consent just because they use their real name on their FB page.

People like Watchtower-Free who keep beating the "it's your fault for having a Facebook account!" drum are ignoring the fact that many of us just have Facebook accounts for their intended purpose...to keep in contact with our real-life friends and family. We didn't choose to join an anti-Watchtower group.

• Dagney
    Dagney

People like Watchtower-Free who keep beating the "it's your fault for having a Facebook account!" drum are ignoring the fact that many of us just have Facebook accounts for their intended purpose...to keep in contact with our real-life friends and family. We didn't choose to join an anti-Watchtower group.

Seriously, what is difficult to understand here? **facepalm**

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

So - is it still a "Remarkable Organization"?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Remarkable is an understatement.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Please can you email me with further details.... [email protected] ...I would like to look into this.

Hello??? The damage has been done. Why should he (or anyone) help you? Or are you seeking more identifying information?

You form this AAWA, supposedly, to help people who want to leave the JWs, your attitude and inaction indicate that helping people is the last thing on your agenda, if it's there at all.

I would trust an elder before I would trust you or your pathetic AAWA.

W

• Listener
    Listener

That is an unfair judgement His Excellency. Higher education is not the be all and end all in qualifying someone to take on a leadership position.

I've seen many educated people display egotism, selfish ambition and arrogance and all the more so because they feel their higher education gives them the right to act that way.]

• moshe
    moshe

Careful everyone- Cedars has a sensitive nature. Nathan Natas got banned by Simon for making Cedars cry, or something like that.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The good news is that you don't have to buy a gift. Please don't tell me you are buying a gift...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

[Cedars, p.1] What is curious is that you are leaping on us with such enthusiasm despite my helping you cover over your own privacy issues just over a month ago when I brought it to your attention that you were posting everyone's approximate locations on your prototype website Jehovahs-Witness.com

I haven't yet read through the whole thread (oh boy!), but seeing as this is being discussed as well, I thought I'd add some more background.

I was the one who discovered the IP location problem on Simon's prototype board. I was very alarmed because my location was displayed with my profile. Nearly everbody's profiles were affected also. I knew Cedars was fiercely protective of his location too, so I checked his profile and sure enough, it was there. I PMed both Simon and Angharad in a panic then emailed Cedars not only to warn him but also because another PM from somebody else would hopefully catch S and A's attention more quickly than if it was just me.

The problem was resolved very quickly within a couple of hours. Everyone's IP locations were blanked. There was no need to publicly post anything, I felt, for reasons of discretion - a) it would have caused unnecessary anxiety for JWNers and b) the matter was dealt with quickly and was over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit