I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I am an inactive JW. I haven’t been on this forum for a few months and have been lurking in others. I have met a few people in real life and online, both on this forum and on others. Naturally I added them to my Facebook friends list. I live 2000 miles away from my JW relatives, so Facebook is a way to keep up with them too. I thought there wasn’t any harm since these were only names which were unknown to them. I created two friends groups, one JW and the other non-JW. Whenever I wanted to rant and use inappropriate language, I restricted the JW group from seeing the posting. I thought that was a good and safe system to keep.

Until now.

I had no idea what AAWA was until I finally got ahold of my JW brother yesterday and let him know when I was flying out. He told me to not even bother, and that it was a bad idea for me to come since there were going to be active JWs at the wedding. Pressed further, he mentioned that there were rumors going around the family that I had joined an ‘Anti-Watchtower’ group on Facebook (that is the term he used). I came clean to him and admitted that I had a few friends who were ex-JWs on Facebook, but that I most certainly had NOT joined this group. The conversation soon ended, and I frantically searched my Facebook profile. And there it was!

I have since been dropped from the group and have defriended my ex-JW friends.

Wish me luck in explaining to my dad how that whole AAWA thing was not my fault. This is bullshit.

• UsuaIusern@me
    UsuaIusern@me

Give him John Cedars details. Hang on that's not his real name.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

There may be trouble ahead...

Somehow I doubt you will be the last this fubar affects.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sorry that has happened to you. I know what it's like being cut-off from your family basically because some people they have never met wrote something in a free-flyer and for some reason follow what they say.

AAWA - are you LISTENING YET?

Get your act together NOW and sort this out.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I know of another long time fader that was force added, that told me yesterday. Yet AAWA still doesn't know of any damage!

zed

• cedars
    cedars

Sic - according to your story, your brother wouldn't know you were on our secret AAWA group unless he was on it too.

Please can you email me with further details.... [email protected] ...I would like to look into this.

Cedars

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

AAWA has released a statement (I believe it was Cedar's article?) that stated from it's inception the group has always been secret. Being secret means nothing is placed on your newsfeed about the group. That being the case the questions beg to be answered.

Is AAWA flat out telling a lie about the "secret" status timeframe?

Or, as has been discussed repeatedly, was another "open" Facebook group using AAWA's graphics set up by an AAWA fan responsible?

• Simon
    Simon

Do we need to form an "Anti Association of Anti Watchtower Activists" group?

C'mon AAWA ... what the hell are you people THINKING?!?!?

Please, someone who has access to it, press the delete button on the group!

At least stop more harm from happening even if you don't want to acknowledge what's already been done.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cedars,

As it's easy to understand, it wasn't needed that his brother was a member. All it took was that SOMEONE noticed (feel free to debate how come that third person knew, it could also come as an anonymous tip), took a SCREEN SHOT of SST's Facebook with the link to the AAWA group, and tipped his brother. Voila. How difficult is to screw someone?

Eden

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

As it's easy to understand, it wasn't needed that his brother was a member

But only members can see other members in a "secret" group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit