I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

It's terrible what happened to Sic, and to any others that got outed or in hot water.

Wow people's blood pressure is rising on this one... I personally can see both sides of it though. I do think there are some people that are going overboard with the righteous indignation at the moment. Has the "unforgivable sin" been commmitted here? Who wants to cast the first stone?

I'm not a big fan of Facebook, and even it's founder Mark Zuckerberg was once put into a group he didn't even join; it is a flaw of FB and needs fixing. If you are a JW fader or in stealth mode then you have to realize that joining Facebook is tricky. There is a dozen different ways some Dubb on there could find out you "like" something that is not GB approved, whether it be a movie, a person, etc. I personally didn't do FB except for a dummy page with nothing on it for three years until I got out of the JWs because I knew that sooner or later someone would see something and put me in hot water.

A couple months ago a zillion JWN people were fawning over Cedar and his articles. They were constantly commending him for his survey, on and on. There were threads mentioning him on who the "top enemies of the WT were", which ones on here you'd want to meet or have dinner with, etc. And now suddenly he's the devil incarnate? He makes some misteps or does something you disagree with and now JWN is gonna disfellowship him? That seems a bit harsh to me. Come on folks, we are all trying to get free of the WT! We could be and someday should be on the same side!

You don't want to support or join AAWA? Then don't. If you want to get involved and try and do something to fight the WT Power with a bunch of like-minded people, then do it! Either by yourself or with AAWA or some other group. Why escalate this...let's just take a deep breath. Some people only know how to complain and tear down because that's the lessons the WT taught them. I challenge these ones to use their energy to build up and to commend the things they feel are deserving.

Only my opinion. Some may want to tear me to shreds now and that's okay it couldn't possibly be any worse than what I went through last year!

• okage
    okage

@RayPublisher Everyone makes missteps, but the mature people recognize those and try to do better. Currently, Cedars has made some missteps and is saying we need to get over ourselves if we think he should correct them.

He also just disassociated himself from JWN, though he probably sees it as disfellowshipping us from his organization.

Personally, you have a good inarguable point: join AAWA or don't. whatev's.

So THIS GUY over here has no quarrels with you.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

OK! We have seen Cedars acting in this thread. I just wonder about the rest of the board..they seem to keep silent.

If there still is a board.....they would better take action.

• undercover
    undercover

Seems my long term paranoia has come in handy. I've been very, very careful about who I actually let know who I really am. I've met all of five people from JWN, and know one or two more that I haven't actually met in person. I feel I can trust a few that I've come to know along the way, but anything you put on the Internet lives pretty much forever... or you have to think that way.

But, as the old saying goes, when people are out to get you, then paranoia is just good thinking. While I'm out of the JW religion for all intents and purposes, I am not known as an opposer or apostate. I'm inactive in most dubs eyes. Very few know my true feelings about the cult. And I keep that to myself so I don't cause friction in my JW family, as I try to get them to see the light for themselves. May never happen, I know, but I keep trying. And as more and more time goes by, the less I really care about getting found out, but I'd rather do it on my terms. I wouldn't want to be torpedoed like several here have reported, and like the thread originator. What he must be going through, and especially having never heard of AAWA. Hope it works out for him.

I feel bad for a couple of people I came to respect and like that are part of the AAWA group and who are now caught up in this shitstorm. Hope they're doing okay as they try to muck their way through the mess as well.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I was unfriended and shunned by every JW on my Facebook. NOT because I 'liked' the AAWA, but because I posted a link to the show 48 hours that was about an elder having an affair with his EX-wife and his new wife ended up dead.

JW's are judgemental, critical and fanatical.

I don't know the details, but If you 'liked' AAWA on your Facebook then everyone on there would know. I don't believe for a minute that Cedars would do any of this deliberately.

You may have to change your privacy settings on your Facebook

And please, everyone. don't 'LIKE or COMMENT on' ANYTHING that would be questionable to a JW on your Facebook page because everyone on there will see it.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Good advice Newly Enlightened.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Raypublisher

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

People need to learn to put up a SAFE facebook account that does not reveal their identity . Just google it .

Then you can like anything you want and friend anybody you want . Post anything you want. Its easy .

Sorry did not mean to in anyway alude to blaming the victim . Its just you need to be internet literate .

Thats all . Knowledge is power . And I'm not some young pup .

Please don't verbally pummel me .

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

AKA, blame the victim.

By Facebook's user agreement, you are not allowed to have multiple user accounts (Terms of Use 4.2), and if discovered your accounts (all of them) may be closed.

Furthermore, in some countries, such as Europe, you are legally required to use real legal name on Facebook.

So not only are you blaming the victim, what you are suggesting is in some cases against the law.

And yes, the AAWA has admitted as far that they did add people to their facebook group without consent. They've acknowledged these things happened, and continue to put people at risk by refusing to take the nessessary action of removing those people they added without consent.

- Lime

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

That's sad Sic! A lot of people have tried to make the AAWA delete that group, but they did not listen.

I don't understand one thing. How do the AAWA think. They know that there are pro-WT apologists in that group...and they have no problem with that fact...no problem with potential outings and no problems with potential moles? Everything is just great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit