I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Simon not everyone that supports AAWA believes that everyone from JWN is just out to get them. There have been excellent points made here to remedy problems in a constructive way and those concerns have been forwarded and acted upon within AAWA.

But AAWA supporters have also been, as you describe, "attacked or oppressed" I could spend an hour compiling just the attacks launched at Cedar's alone. You yourself deleted the thread with one of the most vile personal attacks launched directly at me by a specific poster, otherwise I could point to that as well. I should also add that certain posters here have also been attacked by those claiming to be AAWA supporters.

AAWA administrators receive messages every day from members who are voicing their concern over the "being added" issue. They are receiving messages every day about security issues raised because of the mass "add" of unverified members.

There is no way the administration doesn't "get" it.

As I have said repeatedly, if the issues are not resolved, this is going to fester and push supporters inside and outside of AAWA far away from AAWA.

• Simon
    Simon
    AAWA administrators receive messages every day from members who are voicing their concern over the "being added" issue. They are receiving messages every day about security issues raised because of the mass "add" of unverified members.
    There is no way the administration doesn't "get" it.
    As I have said repeatedly, if the issues are not resolved, this is going to fester and push supporters inside and outside of AAWA far away from AAWA.

That is the problem though. While they are getting those reports they are at the same time promoting the line that everything is OK and dealt with.

Don't they know the damage they do to themselves by wanting to push out "convenient truths" that don't reflect reality?

If what you describe is true then they knowingly and wilfully put people at risk and continue to do so.

And yet not ONE of them will say WHY they cannot simply reboot the group. It's pitiful and shameful and frankly, what we expect from the WTS.

• zed is dead
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Tylinbrando - yes I owe you an apology.

I felt bullied and harassed by you on a number of different occasions which I have found quite upsetting. I was in a bad mood at the time and I got upset.

I do think vile is an exaggeration however.

I allowed myself to act in a moment of anger, which is to be expected when one is called names and labelled for no reason, and then harrassed by having ones comments which are directed in response to another poster, disected, twisted and misrepresented. You have done this to me on a number of occasions.

I felt bullied by you and harrassed, which is hard to ignore and I got upset.

You have implicated that I have some grievance towards Cedars and this is a lie, I do not.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am not suprised how Cedars has acted to be honest. But I am really a bit disappointed in Paul Grundy and Lee Marsh. Paul has said next to nothing about the Facebook fiasco and the effect it has had on people's lives. In face he still has a link to the Facebook page on his JWFACTS website. That is a poor show in my view. Misplaced loyalty or a lack of a spine I don't know.

• Simon
    Simon

Here's fundamentally what is wrong with their approach to the handling all of this:

The questions they face are 'inconvenient' to them and they'd much rather people didn't ask them. Understandable. But, because of what they've done, people are asking them. Inevitable.

Rather than trying to address the reason for people asking the questions though, they seem to think the solution lies in preventing people from asking them. This is never going to work and just results in more questions which becomes a form of feedback loop making the whole thing worse. As well as the original issues you then have the issue of the response to deal with.

The AAWA need to recognize that people asking questions are a symptom of the underlying issues and it is those issues that the AAWA need to address to enact a real cure for their problems. IMO they have nothing to gain by refusing to address the concerns and more importantly the cause of the concerns and everything to lose. If they don't then there will always be a lingering cloud of doubt hanging over everything they do.

Again, just my opinion and advice, the AAWA have the right to decide what to do themselves just as everyone else has the right to their own opinions of whether it is wise or effective or addresses their questions or not.

• okage
    okage

@Tylinbrando: We have nothing from the other AAWA board members who frequent JWN to correct this issue. Simon has allowed a couple of them to be respected (Anderson and Lee) in their privacies. And that's fine. But Juan Viejo and Paul Grundy are quiet as a field mouse on the subject, and there has been no proclamation from our boss Simon to respect their privacies as it concerns the AAWA. What it looks like to most is that Cedars was probably elected to do the chest-puffing and grunting for the group because he usually writes eloquently. It backfired because somebody dropped the ball and let three members add around 700-800 members without those individuals' consent, and when Cedars was busy writing a puff piece, he started getting slammed with criticisms. And let's be honest, Cedars is crap when it comes to handling criticism. It's either his way or no way at all, but unfortunately, the imaginary man disregards the fact that he's THE guy at AAWA and criticism is going to happen. Now, if you see how Richard Kelly, Bo Juel Jensen, and John Cedars compose themselves in the comments section at JWSurvey, you start to see a more open view of how the AAWA is being run. One man suggested changing the name to something that doesn't involve the word "ANTI" and Cedars chewed him out, criticized him, and eventually deleted him. And this chewing out included the phrase "We don't want everyone to volunteer, just to know we are here." What kind of help Organization that is staffed completely by volunteers makes the comment that they don't want everyone to help?! Will that phrase be on the new website next to the volunteer button? I seriously doubt it. Cedars is a great writer when it comes to numbers and analytics, but when it comes to PR, he sucks. That's why they are hiring a PR firm, so they don't get those gems Cedars has been crapping all over the floor. Bo is no better. He censors people and slanders names just as well as the others. But we need to ask ourselves something about Mr. Jensen: If he's already founder of one organization he puts all his time into, why would he be a board member simultaneously to another group? What qualifications does he have to moderate jwsurvey or run to anti-Jehovah's witness organizations? You know, aside from being Cedar's friend. I remember asking Cedars on JWSurvey "what is the mission of the AAWA? To take down the Watchtower or to help it's victims?" I painted the significance of it by asking "Are you the group that complains about Coca Cola? Or are you the group that complains that there are dangerous ingredients in Coca Cola?" Because the distinction is important. If he's dead set on being "the Guy Who Took Down the Watchtower," his current volunteers should know this is his goal, as should potential volunteers. If he's actually trying to do what his mission statement says the AAWA is set out to do, he's knee-capping the movement by having that dreadful name. Unfortunately, he can't do both because one will draw away from the other. He cannot take out the WTS without neglecting the victims. He can't save lives and take out a cult. The AAWA is new, inexperienced, and as EntirelyPossible has stated: "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." They are small potatoes and have no clear direction to travel.

• wha happened?
  • Simon
    Simon
    That's why they are hiring a PR firm

What? Is that true? If so, one would presume that they will be using people's donations to do it. If it is true then I'm appalled.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

One thing I don't "get" ... why was Julia Barrick Douglas making announcements for the AAWA (page 9) when according to their site, she is not a member of the AAWA

Why, after being one of the ones responsible for the original issues is she still left in control. Just who is running what at the AAWA?

She must be one of the 'associates' which there is little information on other than that they should get to receive the utmost respect.

There seems to be an accountability-gap that can often be the source of issues exactly like this.

She is a moderator/administrator for their Facebook pages (if you check the public AAWA Social Group page, she is the one who edits the group description, etc.) And yes, she's been involved in the project since the planning stages and was coordinating testimonials for the YouTube video.

That's why it was so disingenuous for them to say that "just one volunteer" made a mistake and "only added 50 people". It wasn't true. She's very much in a position of responsibility. She runs those Facebook pages. (Not to mention that Bo Juel Jensen was also one of the three mainly responsible for force-adding and they lied about that, too.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit