New Pope about to come out

by new22day 303 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

To cook for yourself, when you could have someone do it for you is a humble quality.
    Lets see if he still cooks for himself...now that he's moving into a palace with servants.

We are looking at what he has done. I imagine the guy will still go to the kitchen and prepare himself meals when he can. I'm sure his schedule will be crazy busy now. I'm not a catholic, so the pope choice doesn't affect me. I have many catholic friends and some family, so for them, I hope for good things.

And Still Thinking, come on, if he isn't going to be cooking for himself anymore, it doesn't make him less a person.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm sure he has a few sincere beliefs that I don't agree with.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You're right FHN...I'm sure Jesus had people to cook for him, and servants to do everything for him because he had a really busy schedule...that didn't make him any less of a messiah...LOL

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here's the rest of it Still Thinking. He sounds just awful.

What we know about Pope Francis

• He likes to travel by bus.

• He has lived for more than 50 years with one functioning lung. He had the other removed as a young man because of infection.

• He is the son of an Italian railway worker.

• He trained as a chemist.

• He is the first non-European pope in the modern era.

• He claims that adoption by homosexuals is a form of discrimination against children but believes that condoms "can be permissible" to prevent infection.

• In 2001 he washed and kissed the feet of Aids patients in a hospice.

• He speaks fluent Italian, as well as Spanish and German.

• Until now he has been living in a small flat, eschewing a formal bishop's residence.

• He told Argentinians not to travel to Rome to celebrate if he was appointed but to give their money to the poor instead.

• He is believed to have been the runner-up in the last papal conclave in 2005.

• He has co-written a book, in Spanish, called Sobre el Cielo y la Tierra (On Heaven and Earth). You can buy it on Kindle.

• Though conservative on church doctrine, he has criticised priests who refuse to baptise babies born to single mothers.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You're right FHN...I'm sure Jesus had people to cook for him, and servants to do everything for him because he had a really busy schedule...that didn't make him any less of a messiah...LOL

You're comparing apples and pears. And Still, come on, this brand spanking new pope hasn't hired anyone to do any of those things. You know this.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I already posted that on another thread...and I said...I think he is a slight improvement on the last pope...but only slight. and quite frankly...that aint sayin much cause it's not hard to be an improvement on the last one.

He likes to ride busses....whoopie!

He has one lung...wow! I'm sure he donated the other one to someone....oh wait...it was removed....was that on his CV I wonder...

He speaks 3 languages...ummm yeah...pope qulity material here.

He's written a book you can buy on kindle...so has Dawkins...LOL

He has criticised priest who refuse to baptise babies born to single mothers...well...good GOD! How are they going to make more Catholics if they refuse to baptise babies....LOL

Still hates gays...but doesn't want them to spread disease so allows condoms...hmmmmm

A trained chemist...that'll be handy as pope.

His father is was a railway worker....maybe thats why he has a love of public transport...hee hee hee

He lived in a small flat...maybe it was close to the bus stop...ha ha ha ha ha ha

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sounds like a good bloke to me

• cantleave
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Sounds like a good bloke to me

Yes, he does, Mouthy. I don't require him to be perfect.

Yeah, Still, he's just a real monster of a man, that's what he is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit