New Pope about to come out

by new22day 303 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

Sometimes I think you get it mixed up with the word fact...FHN

Sometimes I think YOU assume to much about what I think...but...that's just my opinion.

The RC would love to see the Anglican communion come back to the fold...FHN

Was that a fact...or was it your opinion? Wouldn't want to get them confused...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Here's a topic I often find confusing..."Is god real"?

Some people state as a FACT that he is...but...I think it is just their opinion...it does get confusing sometimes doesn't it?

The pope (I assume) believes god is real. But does that make it a fact? Is he the authority on all things God because a bunch of other people who (I assume) also believe god is real, voted him in as their representative of this "FACT"

Now I do question whether they ALL believe god is real in the first place, because you have hundreds of priests (some possibly quite high up in the churches)...joining a forum with other clergy that have lost their faith. And yet, they continue to remain clergy.

Sometimes facts are so obscure...it's hard to tell the difference isn't it? Fact - they are clergy.....NOT A FACT - they all believe in god.

I wonder how many of those Bishops that voted in the pope may have lost their faith...but continue to do their 'job' because thats all they have ever done? I wonder if any of them have joined this forum.

http://www.clergyproject.org/

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The RC would love to see the Anglican communion come back to the fold...FHN
    Was that a fact...or was it your opinion? Wouldn't want to get them confused...

Well, Still, you have the entire internet at your fingertips to fact check that, since you wouldn't want to get them confused. You might even be able to find a 1-800 to the Vatican.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Here's a topic I often find confusing..."Is god real"?

Start another thread for that one.

• still thinking
    still thinking

So do you mean you stated that as a fact without checking it first and now you want me to check it for you? Can you not confirm whether it is a fact or not. I did ask YOU.

Maybe you could do the same with what YOU think I state as a fact vs my opinion...google is you're friend too Instead of telling me I don't know the difference.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Start another thread for that one...FHN

Says who? I'm still talking about the Pope and his cronies...and including your comments about fact vs opinion on this thread.

Maybe you should have started a new thread addressing your opinion of me. Or sent me a PM.

I think it's disgraceful that Cardinal Mahoney (Los Angeles) was allowed to attend the conclave and vote for the new pope, in light of the fact that he assisted in covering up the molestations perpetrated by priests.

It's hard to respect a church that still hasn't cleaned house . . .

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Says Angharad. You're trying to take the thread off topic.

So do you mean you stated that as a fact without checking it first and now you want me to check it for you?

No, glad you asked though. I know the factual answer. If you want to save yourself some confusion, you'll have to fact check that for yourself. While you're at it, be sure to research whether your assertions, that this new pope is a monster, are fact or opinion. That's where this back and forth began. If you want to keep one of those multi page arguments going, you probably should start your own thread for that.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I already cleared that up...and said you had stated the obvious about it being my opinion.

Then you had to give me YOUR opinion on what I understand or don't. I suggest you need to find out what facts are before being patronising to others about what they think.

Says Angharad. You're trying to take the thread off topic.

Where did she say that to me? Or are you speaking for her?

• still thinking
    still thinking

144001...that would not surprise me in the least. And I agree with you. That church has not earnt a whole lot of respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit