Is unhappiness a reason for divorce ?

by caliber 154 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

is unhappiness a valid reason for divorce may have been more enlightening topic heading

never the less we arrived at an answer

unhappiness is not the cause of divorce...unhappiness is the end result of an unsuccessful marriage

so the point is seek valid reasons for divorce and present these up front to your mate

Be up front and forthright.
    Nothing can be more frustrating than what is referred to as an incongruent communication, where an individual says one thing yet indicates something dramatically different with his or her nonverbal conduct. Strive to express your feelings in a mature and responsible way~~Dr. Phil

People get divorces because they are unhappy all of the time

Unhappiness is a feeling not a reason

Likewise when a person is seeking divorce one wants to know...

I'm asking you what your point is
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't agree. I think when you are hopelessly unhappy in a marriage, it's a very valid reason to seek divorce.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If two people are happy together, neither one of them will want to divorce.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    unhappiness is not the cause of divorce...unhappiness is the end result of an unsuccessful marriage

People can be unhappy for years, even decades, or one spouse can be. Unhappiness within a marriage can be caused by one thing or many things. And in many cases, the unhappiness of one or both spouses can be a reason to divorce.

• caliber
    caliber

It is best & more enlightening to understand why you have any feeling

I even heard a very insightful small child give answer once to the amazment of all

Why are you crying and acting up ?...." because I'm bored"

feeling ..upset, misbehaving

reason ... bored

Boredom is an emotional state experienced when an individual is left without anything in particular to do, and not interested in their surroundings.

boredom has two parts emotion plus reason

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There are just some things you can't fix.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Again the Serenity Prayer.

((((((((((((((caliber)))))))))))))))))

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

And what difference does it make if your spouse is unhappy and decides to divorce you? Whether unhappiness is a feeling or a reason? You still end up divorced. Why torture yourself like this? It isn't going to change anything on a personal level. You can tell your mate that his/her unhappiness is not a valid reason to divorce you. That's probably only going to piss him or her off even more.

• caliber
    caliber

If asking why unsets people that is a real shame

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The serenity prayer is a good suggestion in the case of an inevitable divorce. The best you can do is just remember that you're a great guy and this fork in the road will take you to where you need to go in life. It's a new chapter and you'll end up finding happiness again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit