Is unhappiness a reason for divorce ?

by caliber 154 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If a person is truly fair and understanding why could you not work out the marriage troubles period ?

Maybe because even truly fair and understanding people still might not be right for each other.

Doesn't love and trust go hand in hand ?

You're dealing with very imperfect people here on earth, Caliber sir. There are couples who stay together until death who have lied and cheated, but were crazy enough about each other mutually to want to work things out. Then there are couples who don't lie or cheat that decide to divorce. And there are couples who have no heightened fondness for each other who stay together because they find the idea of divorce distasteful.

• eva luna
    eva luna

When a person has lost 'That lovin' felling' and they refuse to give it another shot , with couples therapy ,etc.. I say it's gone and it's time to move on.

It takes two people to make it work again. If it's even possible

"you cant make someone love you, if they dont' Bonnie Raitt

Time to move on Caliber

• caliber
    caliber

There are 3 REALLY BAD REASONS to push for a separation
    i )For revenge or punishment over emotional hurt. This is where you want to teach your partner a lesson so he will care about you more.

2. Not knowing how else to let your spouse know that you are unhappy.

3. Wanting to avoid facing the real underlying problems

A controlled separation works best when you and your spouse are clear about your reasons for separating. Do you really want a divorce, or do you want to interrupt a serious emotional drama in order to find new ways to improve and strengthen your marriage?

1. Time Limit: For example three to six months. (Note: It amy take at least 30 days to cool off.) Depending on your situation it might be best to decide not try to deal with any of the chronic marriage problems until after a period of time, such as one week, three weeks, a month--whatever each person needs. This is an excellent time for individual counseling to get yourself center more INISE yourself instead of circular arguments with your spouse in your head.

2. No attorney filing: Agree that neither of you will file for divorce during this time. This keeps the fear down and allows space for both people to look inside rather than over their shoulders.

3. Someone moves out: Decide who, when and where.

4. Split finances: Fair and just use and access.

5. Welfare of children: What is best for them with regular access to both parents

http://www.donelium.com/threebadreasons.html

• caliber
    caliber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hjtFq3vE0

For EVA Luna....

When a person has lost 'That lovin' feeling
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Time to move on Caliber

I agree. You kinda don't have any choice but to move on.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What is the point of this thread anyway?

• caliber
    caliber

is unhappiness a reason for divorce ?

How can I state it any simpler ?

answer arrived at..

unhappiness is not the cause of divorce...unhappiness is the end result of an unsuccessful marriage. For whatever reason

which part don't you get ?

• eva luna
    eva luna

Thank You for putting up a favorite song Caliber.

Many things we can not control.

Even though I am not a big fan of AA...I do love the Serenity Prayer.

• caliber
    caliber

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Eva Luna)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm asking you what your point is. What is your reason for putting up this thread? People get divorces because they are unhappy all of the time. You know this already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit