"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Should all children in America be given training lessens in how to shoot a gun properly as a means to protect themselves ?

Like they say there's no better defense like a good offense.

I've heard some gun advocates say that the population in the States would be more peaceful if

more people had their own guns to protect themselves.

More is better, is this the most logical and practical approach to tend to the gun violence in the US ?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So since it doesn't have the qualifier "Exisiting today" does that mean no limit?

It means there is no qualifier.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Those kids are adorable!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

EP ...

It would be interesting to hear by the pro-gun advocates on what should be done to STOP this on going of shooting massacres in public places ?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Better access to long term, sustainable mental health care, better enforcement of existing laws, immediate and harsh sentencing of people that break gun laws, for starters.

• moshe
    moshe

People say what is politically correct , with no supporting facts- Take away guns and crime will go down- legalize pot and life will be better- reward illegal immigrants with legal residency and work permits and that will reform immigration (yeah, but not for the better)

-about 10 years ago I sat through a 1 hour diversity appreciation class at Chrysler- all the benefits of being a diverse company- everyone had to come up with ideas to support that idea- diversity= a better car company. we watched a movie, more powerpoint slides and finally it was over. Any questions?

moshe- yes- I have a question- We are in the business of making great cars that the public wants to buy, Right? - uh yes-- and you have taught us the diversity will make us a better car company, right? uh, yes- Well , then explain to me how Toyota is the most popular car company and has the most loyal car buyers, and how does Japan , a totally undiverse society all of one race and language manage to do this and we can't? -- jaws drop- silence from the group--

moshe- you know what i think? Diversity has nothing to do with making a better car- Japan proves this-In America we are stuck with diversity and we have to make the best of it and learn how to put our differences aside and work together as a team to build a good product. Isn't that the gist of it?

-instructor--Well, we can't say, we have a contract to teach this class and use the talking points we have been given.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

"It means there is no qualifier."

So no qualifier leaves it open to many different interpitations. My interpitation would be definately black powder non automatic guns ownership should be allowed every citizen, but beyound that new ammendments can later specify.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

My interpitation would be definately black powder non automatic guns ownership should be allowed every citizen, but beyound that new ammendments can later specify.

You are interpreting a lack of something into a meaning. Doesn't work that way, sorry.

Gun sales will increase over the next few weeks . . .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Better access to long term, sustainable mental health care, better enforcement of existing laws, immediate and harsh sentencing of people that break gun laws, for starters.

Taking into account the most recent situation in its entirety a couple of days ago, where would any of those suggestions

have that stopped what happened ?

As its been mentioned previously on this gun control topic on this forum, people can get guns through a

screening process at the time they are purchasing them but that doesn't mean they will be mentally balanced in their continuing future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit