"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

@EP

In my experience, when someone reposts something asking for defintions of every line of a post it means one of three things:

1) They are clueless on the topic at hand and haven't discovered how to use google

2) Their personal stance is weak and would prefer to argue subjective context rather then address a broad topic.

3) They are trolling for reaction

I'm guessing you are #2.

In case you are #1, please click this link.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

In my experience, when someone reposts something asking for defintions of every line of a post it means one of three things:

IOW, you can't back up a single thing you said, so attack the person asking, so you are the very thing you complain about in your #2. You are #2. Remember that, you are #2.

You response contains zero information. Fail on your part.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I know I would fell a lot safer if everybody in the stadium was carrying a gun.

lmao

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My problem with people owning semi-automatic and automatic guns like the miltary has.....

What is "arms"? In the 1700's, it was guns. Today, arms include anything and everything. A missile launcher is an arm. A nuclear weapon is armory. But, we citizens can't arm ourselves iwth mille launchers or nuclear wapons. Why? Becuase they don't look like a gun? No, becuase they are capable of mass destruction in an instant matter. Automatic guns are the same thing, just a little smaller on the 'mass' scale. I am for banning semi-automatic and automatic guns, but allow the authorities have them. But, this will still mean that the drug dealers and criminals will have them. How do we fix that problem?

Of course, our government GAVE these crazy guns to the bad guys . . . . remember? Not too long ago. Mexico was stockpiling OUR guns?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Cletus says all good Americans should have a gun collection like what he has because you never know when a irate critter

is gonna come invade your premises.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Besty

The reason I mentioned that the perp offed themselves was as a counter-argument to your statement that " At some point actual deadly force will be needed for enforcement" - events don't work like that in these mass killings - these perps are killing themselves or surrendering without a fight when they are done killing - eg Tucson and Norway.

Your questions have NOTHING to do with my statment. My point is simple, laws don't make people safe, they only make some people FEEL better. Only the ability and desire to enforce makes people safe, and ability means a commitment to use deadly force when nessessary.

• TD
    TD
    Cletus says all good Americans should have a gun collection like what he has because you never know when a irate critter is gonna come invade your premises.

LOL - That reminds me of the movie Tremors and the arsenal that 'Burt' and 'Heather' had in their rec room.

I think Cletus Spuckler, the slack jawed yokel is mostly satire, but since a couple of intelligent persons on this thread immediately assumed my personal anecdote about feral dogs was intended as a justification for the so-called 'Assualt weapon' genre of firearms, I wonder....

Since I'm the person who introduced the issue of dangerous animals, I'd like to explain something: Taking a rifle with a magazine capacity >5 out in a situation that could be construed as hunting is something you can do, just like driving down the freeway at 100mph is something you can do. But there are consequences for both if you get caught because they're both illegal.

On public land, we're talking about a hefty fine and possible confiscation of the firearm and on reservation land, we're talking about a heftier fine, confiscation of the firearm, possible confiscation of your vehicle and arrest as well. Disrespecting Native Americans on their own land is a bad, bad idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit