"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Moshe, on page 13 here, you cited some population statistics for Salford and the UK as a whole.

What point were you making there, please?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think in these situations one has to look at all mitigating psychological and social behavioral circumstances to what makes

these people commit planed massacres such as what has been happening recently.

There are many tell tale ingredients in making up a psychological profile of these individuals.

Certainly the accessibility to hand guns alone is not the complete answer.

• moshe
    moshe

Simon implied he came from a tough neighborhood in the UK. Looks like Iowa to me.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Yes, Salford is in the industrial north, but no longer the deprived town it once was. It's been massively modernised and developed and a large part of the BBC has relocated there.

Still, I wondered why you posted stats about the ethnicity of the population?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

He just told you why.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would be interesting to hear by the pro-gun advocates on what should be done to heed this on going of shooting massacres in public places ?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Right to bear 18th century style black powder musket loaders. That is technically what it should mean. Fire power that was around at the time the 2 bill of rights was penned.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It would be interesting to hear by the pro-gun advocates on what should be done to heed this on going of shooting massacres in public places ?

done to heed it? Not sure I understand the question. Happy to answer, I just want to make sure I completely understand what you are asking before I answer.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That is technically what it should mean.

It says "arms", not "arms that exist today". Today, arms are not the same as they were. Should the 1st amendment only apply to methods of speech and religions of the time also?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So since it doesn't have the qualifier "Exisiting today" does that mean no limit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit