"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The right to bear arm where? Should you be able to walk down any street with arms being displayed, how about bringing arms to school? Is that covered in the bill of rights. Clearly the right to bear arms should have limits, some limits are in order.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Nope, Finkelstein, in Japan, they use knives:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Goggle, knockout game, and see what can happen to you now.

What does that have to do with the problem of shooting massacres by deranged mentally unstable people ?

By the way these attacks are done unexpectedly, so even if a person was to have carried a weapon on them it would have been little use.

Thats the game, knock out somone when they least expect it.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't recall any knife-based massacres of 20 innocent 5 year olds at school in the UK recently.

Probably not. Remember any bombings in the tube? I do.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

that's your summary having assessed the facts? this is your considered opinion on the situation?

Summary of what? I was making a general statement. If there is something specific you wish me to comment on, please ask.

• besty
    besty
    Remember any bombings in the tube?

Why are you changing the subject?

Can you think of a way the USA can get from 74x UK firearm homicide rate to 1x?

Hopefully thats specific enough for you.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The right to bear arm where? Should you be able to walk down any street with arms being displayed, how about bringing arms to school? Is that covered in the bill of rights. Clearly the right to bear arms should have limits, some limits are in order.

There are lots of limits already, for instance, where I live, it is highly illegal to bring a firearm or weapon to a school. Your wish is granted.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I wish that the anti-gun people posting on this thread would simply tell the truth about the way they feel:

The constitutional "right to bear arms" is an inconvenience for them, and they wish that it should be abolished.

"Muskets" has nothing to do with it.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I invite you all to read and consider this.

Guns aren't going anywhere. It's time to tackle the problem where the problem lies.

Please read:

http://gawker.com/5968818/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why are you changing the subject?

I wasn't. You mentioned knifings in British schools, clearly not on topic, I simply responded with something else not on topic. Is that not what you wanted? If not, why did you change the subject?

Can you think of a way the USA can get from 74x UK firearm homicide rate to 1x?

I posted some suggestions earlier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit