"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    BTW: Does no one think it's a little strange that a kindergarten teacher needs to own several semi-automatic weapons?
    WTF is that about?.....Simon

What about the Right to Protect Yourself..

From someone Half your Size..

Armed with a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich?..

............................  mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Where have I said I hated guns? I have owned plenty and enjoy shooting. Stop misrepresenting what I say.

My apologies.

While there are a high number of vehicle deaths the fact remains that transportation provides immense benefits to millions of people every day. I do not think you can honestly claim the same thing for civilian-owned guns, especially large capacity ones.

I can claim that it's exactly the same thing. You, me, we, are willing to tolerate a high number of deaths for something we want. It's that simple.

But hey, if you want to defend the right for class-rooms full of children to be massacred all for some indoctrinated ideology you have, go ahead and do your best.

Now who is mis-representing what others say? Stop it.

The rest of the world will continue shaking their collective head and wondering what the hell is wrong with you.

The rest of the world with do exactly like you and everyone does. Get outraged every time something bothers them and tolerate a far higher death toll for something they want.

I think it would be pretty easy to categorize things into 'real-use' weapons (e.g. hunting rifles) and 'things that only tiny-penis whackos think they need' (i.e. large capacity, automatic / semi-automatic etc...)

Calling names again? Stop it, you're better than that.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

BTW: Does no one think it's a little strange that a kindergarten teacher needs to own several semi-automatic weapons? WTF is that about?

yeah, I have thought about it and have not seen anyone question it, like its normal just because she got them legally.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why is it NOT normal?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It's surprisingly difficult, because plenty of hunting rifles have semi-automatic actions and the need for a fast followup shot
    with large dangerous animals, like european wild boar and bears is legitimate.....TD

TD makes a good point..

Semi automatics are a necessity in the bush if your hunting..

But..

You don`t need a friggin humongous clip to keep shooting a dead bear..

It ruins the meat..

.............................  mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why would it be normal?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

An adult legally buying a legal firearm IS normal.

• moshe
    moshe

One thing is obvious to me- Gun laws were broken , here. The shooter was under the adge of 21, so he was not old enough to legally own those two 9mm pistols, he also didn't have a concealed carry permit- too young, so he broke laws transporting those pistols. He killed the owner of the three firearms- murder and theft, he took firearms onto school property, so he broke a law aginst firearms on school property and he apparently broke into the shool, bypassing the locked front entrance. Short of an 8ft high fence with razor wire and an armed security guard at the gate, the school could not have prevented this heinous crime.

The CT gun laws were obeyed by the owner of the firearms, however criminals do not obey firearms laws and will commit murder and mayhem using stolen weapons.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Why would a woman with a mentally ill son have high-powered weapons accessible to him in their home?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

right Bizzy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit