Should We Worship Jesus?

by Perry 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I thought the OT foreshadowed all things that must occur in Christ.

It did. And the animal remained dead forever.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Of course it is easy, at the time of the writing of Hebrews, to make that claim, to co-op the past to give legitimacy to your current undertaking. The JWs and the Catholic church both do it. Unfortunately the early writings in the Bible had no connection to a future messiah, so, if you thought that, you thought incorrectly.

Also, many other Semitic cultures that were not the branch that would eventually become the Jews (who, at the time, were polytheistic, the concept of a savior as the son of a single, almighty god was thousands of years away) practiced animal sacrifice.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes, Cofty, I did notice the attitude changes when seemingly simple questions are asked to clarify things stated as fact.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty pt : im play ref for a second , its hard to understand a persons motives while typing on a pc. we can only go off of what a person says. so to answer your question pt i would apply that to a person who does not value ur words, since i dont know cofty in person i dont know if he does or not,but he is talking so im going to give him the benifit of the doubt. cofty honestly i think you are smart ,however i think you are prideful ,maybe im wrong. you ask questions and when someone gives you a heartfelt answer you shoot it dont and act like no answer was given, if your honest there is no answer that a beliver can give you that will satify you. pt just becareful before accusing people. now i would like us to get along.lol

• Pterist
    Pterist

Cofty *** This is exactly the same thing that happens if you take a child's fantasy story and start asking logical questions.

You quickly realise that the story has no foundation in reality but if you allow that it is only make-believe then the story has some value.**

And this took how many years for you to realize ?

If its all fantasy, we both end up in the same place ...DEATH....If its NOT, we will not.

Shalom

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

However, heartfelt, if a statement doesn't answer the question, it's 100% fair to point that out.

• cofty
    cofty

I have no problem with people who enjoy a healthy fantasy life as long as they are honest enough to admit that's what it is.

When they make incredible assertions its insulting that they expect others to uncritically accept them. That's the attitude that kept us stuck in the Watchtower for so long.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Unstop *** pt just becareful before accusing people. now i would like us to get along.lol **

Disiplined wisdom accepted, keep me in your prayers, that my daily fight againt my Adamic nature will not win out. All I want is to share his death and resurrected power, for powerful living.

Shaom friend.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Of course it is easy, at the time of the writing of Hebrews, to make that claim, to co-op the past to give legitimacy to your current undertaking. The JWs and the Catholic church both do it. Unfortunately the early writings in the Bible had no connection to a future messiah, so, if you thought that, you thought incorrectly.

I thought that in Daniel 7 it talks of the 'son of man' gaining access to God.

• cofty
    cofty

And this took how many years for you to realize ? - Pterist

Over 30 years in the Watchtower and 9 years as a christian.

How about you?

Unstop - When we were JWs and we asked questions we were given bullshit non-answers and expected to shut up and accept them.

Those who had the integrity to say that the answers didn't add up were called apostates and prideful and arrogant and mentally diseased etc.

Do I need to join the dots for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit