Should We Worship Jesus?

by Perry 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I was referring to your answer to Cofty, not me.

Pterist, animal sacrifice was a requirement long before a messiah was mentioned.

• cofty
    cofty

OK Pterist you've gone and done it now - here we go.....

I always post with a wry smile on my face, I have not got an iota of anger towards any believer, any JW and especially not towards an non-existent god. That old canard is pathetic please stop using it, it makes you look silly.

After leaving the WT I became a born-again christian and remained so for 9 years. My understanding of christian beliefs is quite considerable. When our church had no pastor I preached on a regular basis.

When I applied the same critical thinking skills to my christian beliefs that I had previously used to escape the Watchtower I discovered it was just as fragile, just as reliant on prevarication, obfuscation, metaphor and appeals to authority.

Because I ask you simple questions and challenge you to face up to the implications of your beliefs you call me arrogant and dismiss me as disingenuous. Of course this is easier for you than engaging in actual discussion and trying to explain your contradictory assertions about god.

Don't you see you are behaving in exactly the same way a JW apologist does when we challenge their beliefs in this forum. Why do you think its OK to challenge JW dogma but yours gets a free pass?

• Pterist
    Pterist

Unstop ....When do you think it is appropriate for Christians to use Christ's wisdom about not throwing perls before swine ?

Shalom

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why do you think its OK to challenge JW dogma but yours gets a free pass?

Because "B-b-b-ut Jesus!"

• cofty
    cofty

Christ's loss of blood forever is inferred in the Jewish animal sacrificial system...atonement

Equally Christ's loss of life forever is inferred in the Jewish animal sacrificial system

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Unstop ....When do you think it is appropriate for Christians to use Christ's wisdom about not throwing perls before swine ?

When you have a pearl and fine some swine. So far, you strike out on both.

This is a perfect example of a beleiver slinging insults by implicating people that question what they say are equivalent to swine. Will other believers on the forum take note and correct this abusive behavior?

• cofty
    cofty

Ah the old "pearls before swine" cop-out!

It was only a matter of time.

• cofty
    cofty

This is exactly the same thing that happens if you take a child's fantasy story and start asking logical questions.

You quickly realise that the story has no foundation in reality but if you allow that it is only make-believe then the story has some value.

When believers make assertions about Jesus like he has no blood or he has a human body in heaven etc its fine as long as they remember they are just talking about a make-believe story.

When they pretend they are describing reality and we ask a few logical questions do you notice how angry and insulting they become?

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** Pterist, animal sacrifice was a requirement long before a messiah was mentioned.****

No kidding....wow..... I thought the OT foreshadowed all things that must occur in Christ. Certainily, the writer of the book of Hebrews had that in mind.

• designs
    designs

Oink!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit