Should We Worship Jesus?

by Perry 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

There is ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM.

Jehovah and Jesus are also both spoken of as SAVIOR. This is true because even though there are two personalities, and Jesus also possesses a human body, they both also share the same substance or essence of God. This is similar to my son who shares 50% of my essence in DNA.

God only did this unique thing one time....hence Jesus is God's Only Begotten Son. Angels were created not begotten. However Jesus was begotten with God's own substance. This is why angels and humans worship Jesus as God.... because he is.

OT - Isaiah 43:11 ~ I, even I, am the LORD [Jehovah]; and beside me there is no saviour.
    NT - 2 Peter 3:18 ~ But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory ... for ever.
    NT - 1 John 4:14 ~ And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

OT - Isaiah 45:21 ~ there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
    NT - 1 Timothy 2:3 -5 ~ For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour ... the man Christ Jesus.
    NT - 2 Timothy 1:10 ~ But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ

OT - Isaiah 12:2 ~ Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is ... my salvation.NT - Acts 4:10 -12 ~ by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified ... Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    NT - John 4:42 ~ And said unto the woman, ... this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

OT - Isaiah 42:8 ~ I am [Jehovah]: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
    NT - 1 Corinthians 2:8 ~ for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    NT - Hebrews 1:6 ~ And again, ... he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

OT - Exodus 34:14 ~ For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
    NT - John 9: 38 ~ And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
    NT - Acts 7:59 ~ And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. (Stephen prayed to Jesus)
    NT - 1 Tim. 3: 16 - ~ And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifestin the flesh

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus also possesses a human body

Does Jesus have to go to the toilet in heaven? What does he eat? Does he fart, sleep, snore, get an erection,? Does he have to shave?

• bigmac
    bigmac

i think you'll find hes dead--sorry.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Perry, thanks for the article.

JWs will always argue as Russell, did that the Trinity is 3 Gods in One and/or 1 person in 3 manifestations. This is regarded as MODALISM and is NOT the isogesis teaching of the Trinity where SUBSTANCE is the common denominator. 1 John is very clear that the Eternal Son of God came into the world as the SUBSTANCE of God in flesh... the Eternal Life of God in Flesh 1 John 4:1-3...I don't necessarily agree completely with all aspects of the Nicene isogesis intrepation but Christ's divinity, same nature, same stuff as the Father is very evident.

The one Lord, faith, baptism, hope, is a great problem for the majority of JW. Their 2 hope theology has no scriptural support. The Christian Greek scriptures are for Christians...if there is another hope, then this is beyond scripture, and gone way ahead of Christ in speculation of rulership over other people of a different class...Man was intended to rule over the earth and possibly the universe NOT rule over other humans.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

amen perry! cofty the resurrected jesus ate to prove to his followers he war risin luke 24. back when i was a jw i used that same thought to deny his bodily raising. but im glad i was able to see the truth the body that died on a cross is the same body that was raised! ihate this phone i cant go back and fix war risin to was raised.lol

• Muslim Brother
    Muslim Brother

I've read a watch tower publication refuting trinity doctrine and it makes sense

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Good for you Muslim Bro!

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop - so what about my questions?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

every knee will bow

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I've read a watch tower publication refuting trinity doctrine and it makes sense

Yep, the way the WT refutes the WT doctrine of the Trinity makes perfect sense.

Unfortunately, the ortodox doctrine of the Trinity is NOT like the one the WT "refutes".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit