New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• mind blown
    mind blown

Change Name we oppose the GB/WTSwho lie.....distort....hypocrites......etc........not victims (ordinary JW's) who are fooled by the false lying cult......................you are confusing the two.........

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi again

wow... 60 replies and many of them unflattering. Let me comment on a few of them

"Christ Alone"

I appreciate your post. I am sure many here will disagree with my observations that JWs are normal and that opposers are those who try and stumble JWs any way possible. I have observed just that. Those who oppose Jehovah's Witnesses will do and say anything to stumble them.

I am sure that most of you people were Jehovah's Witnesses. So were King's Saul and Solomon. I will not discount anything you might have to say but when I find something you say does not ring true, I will call you on it.

I am sure that you love Jehovah's Witnesses. What is not to love about them? They are generally a kind and loving people. They do their best to take after their lord Jesus. I have my opinions on why people are stumbled by the Jehovah's Witnesses and will comment on them when the time comes. There are many like you who believe that the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses are abnormal. I will agree with you. They are abnormal when you compare them to this world and its spirit. The trend in Christian America is to not take the Bible as truth and to pick and choose what you want to believe.

When you dedicated your lives to Jehovah, what did you expect? What truth did you want to know about the human organization of Jehovah's Witnesses? That they were imperfect people trying their best to help one another in worshiping Jehovah? I have read both versions of the history of Jehovah's Witnesses. What should they have told you to deter you from become a Christian?

"jgnat"

My wife is Catholic. I was Baptist. I have no love for the Catholic church with their many disgusting acts since their inception in the 4th century. At the start of my study with them we just talked about current events and how they relate to where we are at in God's plans for humankind. We did not break out the Bible Teach book until a few weeks later. Let me reinterate. Before I studied with the Witnesses I had many beliefs I found out for myself. I was pleasantly surprised that many of what I came to know as truths the Jehovah's Witnesses already taught.

"MrsJones"

Please, keep on judging my integrity. Maybe I will teach you something.

"Stealth"

I seriously doubt that. I have observed them "love bombing" each other on a regular basis. I am not much of a hugger but it gladdens my heart each time I want them greet one another.

"Black Sheep"

Yes, that is the issue. I do not oppose them. I am married to a Catholic and my three children are agostic, born again Christian and an atheist. We have some real good discussions about religion and ethics when we all get together.

"Witness My Fury"

My handle is Change Name. I have used this handle for a very long time.

"John Mann"

Maybe one day.

"Tater"

It is your view that they please a publishing company. Your view demonizes them so your beliefs are validated. No. Am not "Ethos".

"Sauerkraut"

No, I have not been baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. That is why I am here. I need to make sure that this is Christianity. My experience is abundant but it is not with the Witnesses.

"James Wood"

Seriously, me a troll? Nope. But I did see you just troll me. Oh, check out this you tube commentary about JWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

"Pterist"

I understand their teaching in regards the mediatorship of Jesus. The real question is if you do. From what I have read from opposers of JWs many do not.

"baltar"

I am sure you did grow up around JWs. Humankind is corrupt. Why would the JWs be any different? Going into it with that in mind makes things a bit easier to swallow.

"Kevun"

I do not believe you are born again. I know many who claim to be born again but do not believe them to be so. I have met a couple of the annointed of Jehovah's Witnesses. Nobody who claims to be born again measures up to the humbleness of the annointed I have met. Could it be that you are draw to the Jehovah's Witnesses because you secretly believe them to have the closest thing to truth?

"Isaacaustin"

Please keep on falsely accusing me...

Let me talk down to you and explain this "service in the ministry". It is when I take my time and go out from door to door in service of God and minister to those who are looking for him. ;)

"Bluesbrother"

Yes, they are very good people and I have enjoyed being around them. They are pleasant and courteous. I do understand why you miss their association. I have looked into the dates of 607, 2520 and 1914. What exactly do you want to point out to me?

I have also looked into what opposers call "false prophesies". I have not read a real prophesy from them in order to call them false prophets. Maybe we can look deeper into this on another topic.

"sickandtired"

I am not turned off by their stands on blood and shunning. It is why I did not listen to them over the last 30 years. Not until I actually looked into it and saw what the Bible had to say about it did I come to understand what they taught in regards to these issues. Do they need to change these doctrines? Those who leave seem to think so... The JWs themselves do not.

"undercover"

sticks and stones buddy

"problematic"

Their former status as an NGO is a simple issue. The vast majority of JWs were not stumbled when this came to light. When I chatted with my study conductor about this he explained it quite well. A library card. Simple explanation.

I am not a baptised Jehovah's Witness. I have to make sure they are Christianity. Long ago I dedicated my life to Jesus and his God YHWH, long before I started studying with the Witnesses. My baptism as a Baptist I do not find acceptable. That is why I am here. I have heard this is the place that has the most hatred for everything the JWs stand for. You will either convince me that the JWs do not hold truth or that you will convince me and I will ask to be baptized as one of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.

I am tired of writing.... I will repond tomorrow...

Change of the Name!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"MrsJones"

"Please, keep on judging my integrity. Maybe I will teach you something."

I highly doubt that. Besides you came and judged us first. I'm not surprised you're surprised anyone dared answer you back. You're the one that will learn something...your education started with your first post.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Change name,

Thanks for the response. I personaly am not trying to convince you of anything in particular. I AM a baptized JW and still am last time I checked. I don't plan on attempting to convince you of anything in particular. There are some here with alot of hatred and malice, but the majority are very thoughtful kind people you would no doubt find anywhere. Go to a Star Trek site talking about how great Star Wars is and tell me how many flattering remarks you get. It doesn't mean the people are out to get you personally.

I do not at all think the UN is a simple issue, and as a member of the faith for quite a while I can tell you that the VAST MAJORITY of JW's have absolutely no idea about it to even be able to make a decision on how they feel about it. No denying that. It doesn't ring for me in particular...not like the erroneous blood doctrine does, but for some it means something and I see their viewpoint.

Good to try to see others viewpoint sometimes wouldn't you say?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i feel left out. i thought i was nice enough to be mentioned

• ziddina
    ziddina

Change name to "troll"...

• Pterist
    Pterist

Change Name ****"Pterist" I understand their teaching in regards the mediatorship of Jesus. The real question is if you do. From what I have read from opposers of JWs many do not.****

I'm an ex-JW, and yes I definitely know their teaching of preaching themselves as mediator between man and God and not Christ...here is an example of a response I had recently in a Huffington post religious forum with a JW, and he/ she says as follows:

"""Personally I have not attained justification. I am a member of those spoken of in the scriptures, as the “great crowd,” who survive the “great tribulation,” are are not yet declared righteous for life""""

The real question is are you in Christ ?

2 Corinthians 13:5 (CEB) | In Context

5 Examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Don’t you understand that Jesus Christ is in you? Unless, of course, you fail the test.

Shalom

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Change Name: My handle is Change Name. I have used this handle for a very long time.

Yes, we see. Since 11/25/2012.

So for you, is "a very long time" the reciprocal of the WTBTS's "soon"?

BTW, I noticed you didn't respond to my last reply to you. Was the significance of the letter "N" in NGO too much for you to contemplate?

Everyone here is very supportive of sincere, genuine people seeking ... well, seeking many things: advice, counsel, answers, a hearing ear, you name it.

We have a low tolerance for anonymous posters yanking our chain. It's beginning to look like you're a yanker ... or a wanker.

00DAD

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

WELCOME, my fellow worldly! I'm really glad you had an opportunity to open yourself up to understanding another faith. I, too, am able to cross lines and I love entertaining discussions about variant faiths. I'm really impressed that you appear to have thoroughly adopted the language of JWism!

As one who was confirmed Episcopalian; attended a Presbyterian middle school, Catholic High School and Catholic university; and, culturally, identified with and attended church with friends of the Baptist faith with an occasional (3/year) synagogue experience with other friends and also went to Jewish and Christian summer camps, I have a few questions.

1. I see that you were ".. raised by Christian parents and did the whole Christian thing." Other than those holidays and going to church, can you explain specifically what you mean by "the whole Christian thing"? What does that mean?

2. "The stories were nice..." can you share the differences between the stories you heard at the church and the ones you've read in the Watchtower and other publications? I find the ones in the Watchtower to be very different. Given our similar backgrounds, I'm curious as to what you see.

3. "Three people in one..." ? um... I'm really curious now. To my knowledge, all Baptist faiths are Trinitarian, but I've never heard of a Baptist faith that says God is "three people in one" .... Which Baptist faith were you raised in?

4. Arguments at the Bible readings. That's an interesting term to use, "Bible readings" Can you tell me more about these Bible readings where arguments broke out? That must have been a really different type of Baptist Church. And you say during the "reading" arguments would break out? How exactly did the congregation members express their discontent? Was this encouraged? And you say the arguments were about God's name? Are you telling me your Baptist church had a preference? I could see how "Jehovah" the name created by a Roman Catholic monk a few hundred years ago wouldn't necessarily be the first name used of the list of many names, but arguing about it when it's not part of the doctrine is fascinating to me. I would definitely love to know the name of this church!

On the visit you received from the JWs - they did that because they're told to. Again, given our similar backgrounds, I'm not clear on your confusion with respect to the response of the adherents in the Baptist church. Can you help me?

Also, please, share your thoughts on the similarities and differences of the churches you and your wife attended/grew up knowing!

I am really glad you found the religion you desire!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Ethos has taken issue with having only 10 posts per day. Creating a new or another account would grant him more posts.

You don't suppose..................................

NAH!! Forget it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit