New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathappened
    whathappened

Jehovah's Witnesses I know are very normal people... for Cult members!!!

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

Hmmm.....boring.

Where's the monkey?......I wanna kiss the monkey....

• undercover
    undercover

wow- for the first time ever- I actually agree what Minimus has posted in this thread!!!

and it took you an entire 29 posts.

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

Hush young whippersnapper u/c- I was here a year before you.............

• undercover
    undercover

I figgered you were a resurrection of a former poster, but I have no clue as to who(m?)...

• minimus
    minimus

UC, Bollonkers is a fine woman!

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Even an outsider like me can read through the blather that the opposers produce in regards to this.

If you can read through blather, I think you'll eventually figure it all out for yourself. It's really not complicated, though. Either it's true or it's not. Have you actually read the letter that the United Nations posted on its website? I find it hard to imagine anyone thinking it would be okay for the Society to do the things listed in that letter on behalf of the UN. Comparing the Awake! article published around the same time to that letter puts two and two together. If they didn't know about those requirements until 2001 or something, why would such an article have been printed? Further still, they were in New York. Was there a lack of library materials in New York City, some sort of book shortage in the 90s? I would disagree with the usage of the statement that JWs "joined the UN", as obviously they're not a government, but they applied to be associated with the UN as an NGO. Based on the requirements to do so, requirements that coincidentally the Society fulfilled via at least one Awake! article, it looks shady at best, regardless of the reasons. The Society would, I would think, be deeply concerned about potentially stumbling people (speaking of trying to stumble people any way you can--ever heard of "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"?), concerned enough that they would carefully avoid even the appearance of UN involvement. The same sort of caution they would urge their own people to demonstrate in their actions.

I also have read much of what the opposers will foist upon the unsuspecting reader.

This statement sounds like you had already made your mind up that opposers were (a) trying to push something on you and (b) trying to willfully deceive you (else why would the reader be an 'unsuspecting reader'?). So we've just learned quite a lot about your position. Specifically what you have read, apart from the UN issue, has yet to be mentioned.

To be sure, you don't walk into a Kingdom Hall and automatically see a child getting raped and poisoned Kool-Aid being passed around. But I was there for more than 20 years of my life. I have read the Bible 4 times over, and came to realize that much of what was being done and taught was simply not to be found in scripture at all.

If you feel that opposers are merely desperate to stumble JWs any way they can, what will you do about it? Do you wish to become a loyal JW? You are not a loyal JW if you have joined this website to communicate with individuals who disagree with the Watchtower Society's teachings. So...that said, this gets really awkward. But I look forward to hearing your further thoughts.

--sd-7

• james_woods
    james_woods

Logic is sort of beside the point while the Troll Clock runs, SD-...

• Pterist
    Pterist

This may help you on the eschatology......don't forget for most Christians eschatology is NOT a condition of salvation...but

For the WTBS it's proof of their authority and the foundation of their existence, you will be disfellowshipped for not accepting it and the whole world are condemned on this bases of selection in 1914/1919

607 B.C.E. - A Trip To The Local Library! With Pictures! (1 ...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I found your post interesting until I saw this:

http://www.jehovahsjudgement.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/ has the best explanation about the JWs involvement with the UN as a NGO.

If you have read that and cannot see through the blatantly obvious rhetorical fallacies then you need to get an education in critical thinking skils.

jehovahsjudgement examined is a starting point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit