New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Yeah...reading the response from changed name, it is obvious he is not a study. This is a JW troll. I will be elsewhere.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Change Name,

So you dislike the Catholic Church. JW's leadership is not very different from the Catholic Church of the 15th century. The only difference is that the WTS has no power to control and inflict damage as the Catholic church did.

Let's see:

The Catholic church banned reading literature opposing the church. WTS does the same. Ask in the congregation how many have read Carl O. Jonsson or Ray Franz. The ones who have read either of these authors are no longer JW's.

The Catholic church rejected science (remember Galileo). The WTS is the troglodyte of christian religions today. Don't be fooled by their articles on science, it's a cover up filled with intellectual dishonesty and fallacies.

The Catholic church kept the masses in ignorance. WTS dissuades, or rather emotionally coerces the young to forgo higher educaton.

The Catholic church tortured and killed dissenters. The WTS does not go that far, because it's illegal. But I wonder if they were given the power, they would go beyond what they do today, namely destroy the social life and the families of those who no longer believe the lies of the WTS. Actually, the WTS does have blood in their hands, especially of children whose parents have prevented doctors from saving their lives through a blood transfusion.

The Catholic church until recently protected child molesters. WTS still does (read the latest letter to the elders regarding child molesters)

The Catholic church made history. WTS is trying to re-write history. Have you heard about Jerusalem being destroyed in 607 BCE?

The Catholic church was considered dogmatic, until the governing body of JW's took the meaning of the word to a whole new level.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

never a jw: there was am article in the 50s that said the only reason we dont kill apostates is because it is against mans laws and its against jehovahs laws. that was the jist of it and i think it was talking about hating in th truist sense.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Change - You keep using the term ''opposers''. This is typical JW 'loaded language'.

I am suspicious of your motive here.

On the one hand you start off by claiming to be a just a 'study' and then turn around and give it the hackneyed old JW balderdash about 'only we have the truth...and god will kill you opposers' stuff. It seems to me that you are a JW who is lying using theocratic warfare strategy about your real identity.

TBH. I don't give a monkeys what religion you want to belong to. That's your business, but don't come on here then cry 'apostates..aaagh!'

YOU CAME HERE FIRST...no one forced you.

If you want to banter about how great the watchtower is and how awful all other religions are then expect a debate. This isn't being an 'opposer' against your chosen god, it's just debating your stance....and YOU invited this.

Now. Do you wish to discuss anything or are you just here to troll for your chosen god?

WT 15 May ’12 (Pg 26 para 13)

Indeed, we ought to move as far away from wrongdoing as possible and not see how close we can get to it without being overcome by sin. For instance, we need to guard against succumbing to apostasy, a sin that would make us unfit to glorify God. (Deut. 13:6-9) Let us therefore have nothing to do with apostates or anyone who claims to be a brother but who is dishonoring God. This should be the case even if he is a family member. (1 Cor. 5:11) We are not benefited by trying to refute the arguments of apostates or those who are critical of Jehovah’s organization. In fact, it is spiritually dangerous and improper to peruse their information, whether it appears in written form or it is found on the Internet.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Hopefully you'll respond to me by the end of the day.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Change name said: Isaacaustin"

Please keep on falsely accusing me...

Let me talk down to you and explain this "service in the ministry". It is when I take my time and go out from door to door in service of God and minister to those who are looking for him. ;)

My reply:

Service in the ministry is not a JW term. I know exactly what door to door/field service is. I also know the inconsistent translations of proof texts, and the out of context uses the WT uses to make it appear that door to door ministry is a command from God.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Change Name. So I take it from your reply you have not picked a random subject and studied with the bible alone. As a Baptist you should be familiar with intensive bible study. Here are two I think would be interesting.

1. Taking a list of promises that Jesus gave, which are for the anointed, and which are for the "other sheep"? Is there anything in the context of the passage that would suggest that the promise is limited to the anointed only?
    2. Do a bible study on the book of John.

Do you find your wife's practices disgusting? I imagine that would be hard on your marriage.

With me and my husband, I challenge him on injustices I see with the Witnesses, but I have never registered disgust.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

"Tater"

It is your view that they please a publishing company. Your view demonizes them so your beliefs are validated. No. Am not "Ethos".

then why turn in time cards.... with placements and such...

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO USE THE PULICATIONS???

THEY WONT DO IT WITH OUT THEM....

!!!AM I YELLING LOUD ENOUGH TO GET THROUGH!!!!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Congratulations ... you found a religion that is perfect for you, go for it!

Get yourself baptized and throw yourself into it full strength.

If you have a family I imagine your kids are old enough that you shouldn't be too destructive on their lives. You are at an age that you should be able to rise to prominence in a short period of time if you play it correctly. You could be adored by JW's throughout the circuit in no time. Circuit and District Assemblies may feature your experience, interview you before all, MS to Elder real soon, don't blow it by playing games with them now, get to those meetings! Get zealous in the ministry ... you are wasting precious time.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Change Name, I would further like you to elaborate how you 'minister to those searching for God'? Would you call preaching the many false prophecies that that WT has spouted over the years ministering? How about their many false teachings? Their cultic control?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit