New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• james_woods
    james_woods
    My weekly Bible study has ended and recently I have stopped attending the meetings and the service in the ministry to see what would happen. It has been two months.

This, combined by the blind support shown in the posts for the JWs, simply does not ring true.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Nice attempt at this kind of charade "Change Name"...obviously you're just an apologist trying to give a different guise.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Agreed James_Woods...his story does not add up at all...except to being a troll.

• james_woods
    james_woods

"Just to see what would happen"??? - eh, Isaac?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

James_Woods, yeah i have never head that one before. And what exactly is 'the service in the ministry'???

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Change Name and welcome..Of course you are free to go where you want and I am glad that you also posted here.

J W's are indeed good people individually, so are most Christians. I do miss association sometimes. Unfortunately, I cannot be with them in their work and worship. I used to, I had a lifetime in it. What really matters, above everything is truth and I cannot preach what I know to be false.

As you know, it all depends on today being"the last days". Have you double checked the dates , 607 BC , 2520 years and 1914 AD?

Have you double checked some of the statements that they make about their past failures? Please ensure that you are happy with the information on JWFacts.com and Freeminds.com

I assume that you are happy with the WTS reasoning on the issue of blood? Please ensure that you have also considered the information on ajwrb.com .

I assume that you are happy with the teaching that God is right and loving to slaughter billions of people who happened to be born into the wrong religion?????

All that being said, please make the decision that is right for you. Best wishes.

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

Good for you Changename- jeep doing what you're doing- figure it out for yourself.

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

of course you can keep doing as well as jeep doing- your call..........

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

Welcome to the forum! There are some that left the organization who are bitter and hate-filled and make it their life's mission to bring down WTS. They actually help the WT's cause because they fulfill exactly what the organization says about them. You'll find on this forum all kinds of people who have left, are currently JWs (like myself), or have family involved in the WTS. "Apostates" are not all the same - we are different people with different experiences and feelings like everyone else. Of course there are good things about Jehovah's Witnesses and there are many wonderful people in the organization. But you yourself said you've been turned off by the blood issue and the shunning. Those are major issues and something that the Governing Body has not been willing to bend on.

I am afraid of my family and friends shunning me if they find out I don't except all Witness teachings. I come onto this forum to talk with people who understand what I'm going through. I cannot talk to anyone about my feelings because as soon as I do I'll be asked if I believe we have "the truth". If I answer negatively, all hell will break loose. Everyone I love will immediately distrust me and shun me. Trust me. I've seen it happen with my own eyes. AS A BAPTIZED WITNESS, YOU CANNOT QUESTION THE GOVERNING BODY. You will be labelled. There will be consequences. The group think is intense and they are terrified of anything that even remotely resembles independent thinking. As someone who is not yet baptized, you're seeing all the good aspects of the group and of course, you won't be exposed to as much of the close-minded mentality since you are an interested one and they want you to come "into the truth". I love the vast majority of my brothers and sisters, but I've come to recognize that this organization has some major problems and has covered up a lot to portray themselves as God's spokesmen on earth.

Do your due diligence. By all means, look at all the evidence. Ask yourself, are all these people who "apostasized" really on the Devil's side or is there more to the story? There is much more to the story than meets the eye. If you find that becoming a Witness makes you happy, go for it. One day, though, you might realize that you feel like you're running on a hamster wheel of theocratic activity with no honorable way to get off.

• undercover
    undercover

But a little bit food for though is the accusation that the WT joined the UN.

The opposers claims are rediculous. Only a government can join the UN.

Welcome Straw Man... How is Dorothy and the Tin Man?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit