New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Ethos / Recovery is this your newest incarnation?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

{My weekly Bible study has ended and recently I have stopped attending the meetings and the service in the ministry to see what would happen. It has been two months. So far I have had a couple elders swing by with encouraging words a few times. Nothing bad has happened.}

Go ahead and try baptism.

Then you can make a true experiment about the JW's.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

<<<<<<What have I found? The JWs are normal people doing their best to please Jehovah.>>>>

They why do they need to please a Publishing Co ... how does that please Jehovah...

smells like ethos.. to me just a hunch

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

If what you say is true, you've never been a Witness, so how much experience do you have? Can you really say you know what you're talking about?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Troll clock started - 1:00 PM, Thursday 11/29/2012.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Welcome noob ;)

Hermeneutics, Exegesis vs. Eisegesis

Bible Culture, Doctrine, Hermeneutics

by Tishrei

Exegesis and eisegesis are methods of hermeneutics to interpret the bible.

When we read God’s Word, an interpretive method is used to understand what God is saying. In fact, we always use a method of interpretation when we read any book or whether we are listening to someone speak. In a conversation, we interpret not just by the words spoken, but we also use the speaker’s body language to interpret. With God’s word, there are two methods that people use, exegesis or eisegesis. Exegesis is defined as “reading out of the scripture.” Eisegesis is defined as “reading into the scripture.” Some incorporate a little of both, maybe a little bit more of one over another. Unless one is critically aware of their method of reading and studying scripture, both methods are used to some degree though a person leans more heavily towards one over the other. The correct method to read and understand God’s word is exegesis. This means that we come to the table and allow God’s word to define our theology.

http://fruitoftheword.com/2009/10/hermeneutics-exegesis-vs-eisegesis/

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Troll clock started - 1:00 PM, Thursday 11/29/2012.

Took you long enough. You're slippin.

• Pterist
    Pterist

You do realize that Christ will NOT be your mediator with God, as hidden discretely in the WTS teachings is that Christ for most of them is the Composite of 144k and 1......

You will not have the gift of righteousness in Christ now. You will not be able to claim the promise of God at 1 John 5:6-13 ....that we have the Gift of Everlasting life NOW that empowers us to over come Satan, sin and death ......

Just sayin ;)

• baltar447
    baltar447

You're sadly mistaken. I grew up in this and I know how JWs REALLY are. Many are sincere, but the whole thing is corrupt.

• Kevun
    Kevun

I am a born-again Christian, have been most my life. Never been to a "meeting" at a KH but have been sharing the gospel with JWs for the past 12 yrs. My heart is drawn to these people. They are zealous, just misled. I would be extremely interested in knowing the denomination this poster SUPPOSEDLY grew up in. Unless its a non-trinitarian church, HIS name is Jesus. And the name of God is not the normal questions that immature christians are bothered by. I tend to agree with James Woods, the clock started at 1. The normal lingo is absent,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit