New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi all

I had been studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses for the last couple years. They have been interesting study sessions and have learned quite a bit about them and their beliefs. Much of what they teach is what I had learned through personal Bible study.

Growing up was normal. I was raised by Christian parents and did the whole Christian thing. I could not buy into the concept of the trinity and hellfire so about the age of 17 I started reading the Bible on my own without any outside influences. The stories were nice and the sermons helped me think about my Christianity but I could not fully endorse that God was three people in one. We had arguments at our Bible readings about the name of God and finally was asked not to come back because I was disruptive. Nobody bothered to even to check on me. I eventually moved away to college and never went back. I have not stepped into a place of God since then. I did not like organized religion of any sort until.... I debated and had discussions with "Christians", "Muslims" and others via BBS's and then the internet. I was an outsider. Many called me a cult and that I will be go to hell for my beliefs. Since I found out the real truth about hell and torment these comments did not bother me.

I did not start to study with the Witnesses until I was 42. To tell you the truth, I dodged them all these years. I had one person come to the door on a regular basis but I never listened to him. From what I knew from outside sources they expelled and shunned people and would not use blood to save the lives of themselves or family. They did not interest me.

I had been noticing the change of people in the last 10 years and also how natural disasters have increased in size and capacity of destruction as well. Then the fellow came to my door and we had a lengthy discussion about this. I started studying with them and started attending the Sunday talk and WT study along with their weekday meetings. I also started talking to those who oppose them and started comparing their complaints to what I have observed. I also have read much of what the opposers will foist upon the unsuspecting reader. This has been two years in the making. My weekly Bible study has ended and recently I have stopped attending the meetings and the service in the ministry to see what would happen. It has been two months. So far I have had a couple elders swing by with encouraging words a few times. Nothing bad has happened.

What have I found? The JWs are normal people doing their best to please Jehovah. The opposers are normal people trying their best to stumble the JWs any way they can.

I will give an example of my findings another time since this is the "Personal Experience" forum. But a little bit food for though is the accusation that the WT joined the UN. Even an outsider like me can read through the blather that the opposers produce in regards to this.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Change Name: But a little bit food for though is the accusation that the WT joined the UN.

Welcome.

The UN/NGO controversy is NOT blather, but a fact. Read this:

Watchtower's United Nations Association

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Hint: The library card excuse is blather

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

The JWs are normal people doing their best to please Jehovah. The opposers are normal people trying their best to stumble the JWs any way they can.

Most here will have issue with this definition. While I agree that MOST JWs are normal people doing their best to please Jehovah, opposers cannot be classified as people trying to stumble JWs.

Most of us here WERE JWs. WE were stumbled by this abnormal organization made up of normal people. Many of us were molested by leaders in the congregations, and were not protected. In fact, many of our experiences were covered up by the organization so as to not cast a bad light upon it.

Many of us found that we were not told the entire truth about this organization. The history as told by modern day JWs did not match up to its actual history, which can be found by researching the earlier WT articles. We made a decision to serve this organization without knowing the truth behind it.

Most of us here have absolutely NO problem with JWs as people. Most JWs are kind and genuine people. However, they are captives of a concept that this is God's one and only true organization.

Personally I LOVE JWs.

What you need to understand is that you are only studying. There is much that you do not know about this organization. There is much you CAN'T know about this organization until you have been IN it. You have not been IN. You may have attended meetings. But the experience of BEING a JW is FAR different than learning what they want you to learn about it. The constant judgement on the part of the elders. The secrecy. The absolute requirement of rejecting family members that have left the Watchtower. The absoulte insistence that you MUST believe EVERYTHING that the Governing Body (or faithful and discreet slave) tell you. You do NOT have Christian freedom to come to your own conclusions.

I recommend researching the Watchtower organization before you come to your conclusions that all opposers are just trying to stumble honest JWs. They like to use a house on fire illustration, so I will do the same. Are firefighters trying to stumble those that are stuck in a burning building? Or are they trying to HELP them to see that they are in a dangerous situation?

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi again

I have read articles from both sides of the issue. The opposers claims are rediculous. Only a government can join the UN.

http://www.jehovahsjudgement.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/ has the best explanation about the JWs involvement with the UN as a NGO.

Most opposers of JWs I know of will close their eyes and not accept the facts... it is sad indeed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, I am a non-JW married to a Witness. I love my JW. There is no love lost between me and the WTBTS. I wonder if you will have the same opinion after running in to the WTS leadership a few times.

Have you tried having a study with your Witness with the bible alone, some random subject?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Most opposers of JWs I know of will close their eyes and not accept the facts... it is sad indeed.

I don't blame you for not understanding the seriousness of them being a NGO. You need to research what the WT has said about the disgusting UN. You need to understand that we were forbidden to have ANYTHING to do with ANY other church or governmental organization. We were FORBIDDEN from even delivering items like Pepsi to military bases.

You also need to know what being a NGO in the United Nations means. It meant that they were to fully support and uphold the UN charter which states that it is the only vehicle that can bring true peace to the earth. This is in direct violation to what the WT teaches about the UN being a disgusting thing standing in a holy place.

Before you come and condemn others that have actual experience in this organization, you need to learn a bit yourself.

However, I have a strong feeling that you may be a current JW that is pretending to be an unbiased outside observer. Of course you won't admit to such a thing. If you really ARE just studying, I hope you will research more. jwfacts.com is an especially helpful site to show what the WT has ACTUALLY said about many issues, and what they say now.

Again, we are not opposers of JWs. We are opposers of the WT and it's man directed authority who claims to have divine guidance by God Himself.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I recommend researching the Watchtower organization before you come to your conclusions that all opposers are just trying to stumble honest JWs. They like to use a house on fire illustration, so I will do the same. Are firefighters trying to stumble those that are stuck in a burning building? Or are they trying to HELP them to see that they are in a dangerous situation?"

You don't sound like someone who was just a study. FYI: most of us "opposers" have far more experience with the organization than you have at this moment if your are what you say you are. We've lived it, intimately.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Welcome to the forum. The reason they are still kind to you is because you have NOT yet been baptized. You are still a potential convert that needs to be love bombed. Once baptized express some doubts about one of the JW teachings and watch what happens.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Change Name. Welcome to the forum.

So far I have had a couple elders swing by with encouraging words a few times. Nothing bad has happened.

Of course nothing bad happened. You aren't baptised, you are not opposing them and you are still a potential recruit. Try stopping after you have been baptised, married a JW and have adult JW children.

Do you believe that they were selected by Jesus in 1919 to be Jehovah's sole channel of communication in our day?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit