New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Change Name,

I too am a Chargers fan. Are you a local to San Diego? I might know who you are studying with.

You are unfortunately very wrong about knowledge of the UN deal. I would say EASY that 98% of JW's do not know about it. At least in the USA. In the UK where the guardian broke the news, it might be a different situation. Here in the ol USA, where would they have heard it?

Once again, no shame in admiting you are an active JW and not a study. In fact it adds to your credibility to be honest. And for the record, both the 3rd witness site and JW fact link are written to persuade you to their viewpoint. I think calling it tabloid is a bit disingenuous.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    From my understanding, the prerequisits for being an NGO changed after they were accepted and when they found out you have to run through some hoops they did not feel comfortable running so they did not renew the library card. Simple.

It would be simple if that was truly the case, but I have never seen any documentation to back that up. Even the Senior UN Librarian during that period, Dana Loytved, is unaware of any changes. Up until 911, journalists didn't need a library card to get access to Dag Hammarskjöld, as any journalist could apply, plus there are repository librarys that anyone can access. Anything not held in the repository librarys could be requested through them. Also, they did not "... not renew the library card.", they "... disaffiliated from the United Nations within days of a Guardian story in which members accused the sect of hypocrisy for supporting an organisation it has repeatedly denounced privately."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/oct/08/religion.world?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/oct/15/religion.unitednations?INTCMP=SRCH

There is a lot of incentive for apologists to find relevant documentation and they have had many years to find it. If you know where is documentation of relevant changes, could you please post it here?

Thanks in advance

Chris

• Londo111
    Londo111

Change Name,

Welcome. It is commendable that you are making sure that JWs represent Christianity before you proceed. I don’t believe in a literal eternal hellfire either. In regards the Trinity: Arians and Trinitarians have been arguing this since the 3 rd Century. I choose not to let the issue divide me from fellow Christians. There are many mainstream denominations where you can voice your views without being condemned.

Really, in regard to JWs, there is only ONE question you need to decide: Is the Governing Body the Faithful Slave that Jesus appointed in 1919 based on the quality and quantity of spiritual good they serving at the time of their inspection (1918/1919)?

If you wish, I would like to follow up with more questions in this regard to aiding in your comtemplation of this.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

*sigh* You seem to have forgotten me.... Unlike others, like Ethos, I don't see anything asked of you that was too substantive or that would require a lot of time. Mine should be easy because they require no research.

I really want to know your answers to my questions.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I came up with a different understanding than you. - Change Name

You are close. You are grasping the essence of life. If now you would open your mind.

• Change Name
    Change Name

wow... I answered many of your responses... it took me a bit of time too since I was doing other things at the same and the website asked me to re-enter my login and password..... not a big deal, cut and paste my answer to another answer.... and Mozilla will not let me cut/paste...

well, don't have the time tonight now to do it again....

Sorry

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

The other penis head Recovery also had the same lame excuses under one of his aliases as to why he couldn't answer something.

Hmmmm.

Anyone matchup those little boxes that come up next to the poster picture yet? Hasn't that revealed a second, third, etc. account before? I don't know how to do it.

• mind blown
    mind blown

"mindblown"

You also oppose JWs as well. You think you only opppose the GB, WT, but you know you want to do harm to your former brothers and sisters too, huh?

What a "nut case"........ You guys are going to seriously waste time reasoning with this troll....Alice aka many other names has more brain cells then this fool.......

Christ Alone good call

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

change name - welcome

You have to admit that the WTS' takes advantage of whatever amibvalences that come its way, like its interaction with the UN in obtaining NGO status and then rescinding it when opposed. Ordinary JWs are not allowed to take advantage of ambivalences that come their way even if it means their lives are on the line.

the above dawns more and more while reading sites like this so I wish you well on your journey

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Change Name!

Have you had opportunity to investigate why the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms is not on the lips or in the hearts of "publishers of the Good News"?

Is it true that more than half the New World Translation Bible's roughly 152 references to "Good News" are by Paul?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit