New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

DubR, the only reason that many of us respond is that there have been several that started out as JW apologists, and they began to see TTATT after attempting to argue their viewpoint.

• RoosterMcDooster
    RoosterMcDooster

DubR

It's like going to the zoo where all the signs say "DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS" but we still do it anyway.

P.S. When you posted you threw the monkey a peanut too.

IFTT

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Integrated Flight Test Team?

• DubR
    DubR

@Christ Alone Is it anyone's job to make JW apologists see the light and teach them TTATT? My friend that is still JW brainwashing in you (believing you have to preach to everyone to save them). When I use to lurk over 3 years ago, its because I had serious doubts about the JW history. People like that (ones truly searching) are worth helping IMO. If Change Name is happy to study/be a JW than the more power to him/her. Thats when you have to say at the end of the day, life is about choices and thats Change Name's choice (To TROLL and defend JWs past). It is honestly no ones job to waste their hours in the day to change a TROLLS choice, especially a TROLL that practically HATES YOU!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Troll clock still running.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Change - if you are not trolling us, you seem to value being able to look into what you see as both the positives and the critques of this organization and then make the choice you think is best, whatever that may be. How do you reconcile that with the organization's policy of banning all consideration of dissent? If you were to be baptized, you would then be subject to expulsion and shunning for even looking at a website such as this one or others considered to be "anti-JW". What about those who were born into the organization, as I was? Surely you don't think that reasonable people can't differ on whether JW is the true religion. Why should those born into the WT not also be allowed to look at the positives and negatives before making their choice? Instead, they are taught that you will lose your everlasting life if you listen to anything critical on the part of former members.

Also, have you considered the history of flip-flopping on doctrine? As an example, the published position of the WTS has changed 8 times with respect to whether those destroyed in Sodom and Gomorrah have any chance of a resurrection. I can provide the citations if you are interested. For the cliff notes, it's basically Yes/No/Yes/No/Yes/No/Yes/No. While this is not a key piece of doctrine, if they are really God's mouthpiece, why would God give them the wrong answer, then the right one, and so on and so forth. Yes, there is a scripture about the light getting brighter that they are fond of using, but unless there is one that says the light will get bright, then dark, then bright again and so on, I'm not convinced.

• DubR
    DubR

@RoosterMcDooster Calling a troll a troll is not feeding the troll.... OH CRAP, THAT IS FEEDING IT DARN IT LOL!

@james_woods LOL too true bro! But man you dont have to be so evil on family guy!

• RoosterMcDooster
    RoosterMcDooster

If you scroll to the top of the page and click the last page button, right now it's 5, it makes the number of views go up one each time you click.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Is it anyone's job to make JW apologists see the light and teach them TTATT?

No, not at all. I'm saying that some used to be these very people, and are now here with us. Is it our JOB to preach and teach to them? No. But some of us know that even though these "Trolls" appear to merely be attempting to cause an emotional response, many really are just testing out the waters. They are not sure of their beliefs, and want to see what others will say about it.

I'm not saying it's right. It's a pretty crappy way to go about testing your beliefs out. But some ARE going through their cognitive dissonance and they don't know how to handle it. So they come here and try to defend their beliefs to see if they hold up. When they DON'T, many will be able to take the next step in their questioning process.

I'm not trying to "save" anyone here. I'm trying to encourage people like CHange Name to talk and work things out in their own brain if that is what they are trying to do. Merely facilitate an environment, if you will.

• RoosterMcDooster
    RoosterMcDooster

I'm trying to hit 3000!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit