New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome Change Name, do you know who Candace Conti is?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

However, I have a strong feeling that you may be a current JW that is pretending to be an unbiased outside observer.

DING DING DING DING We have a winner!! The first member to post the obvious!

I found your post interesting until I saw this:

http://www.jehovahsjudgement.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/ has the best explanation about the JWs involvement with the UN as a NGO.

If you have read that and cannot see through the blatantly obvious rhetorical fallacies then you need to get an education in critical thinking skils.

DITTO, Paul!

Doc

• Change Name
    Change Name

"Outlaw"

Any association between the UN and the JWs is indefensible. From the perspective of the JWs, the the relationship they had was that they had a "library card". I have a library card from my local library. How much of a relationship do I have with local government? I know you will refuse to see things from my perspective. That is fine. That is your right to close your eyes and bury your heard.

"unstopableravens"

Seriously? A Ravens fan? OKay, you might be on the right track. My team, the Chargers, are experincing coaching issues for the last few years. Harbaugh is an awesome coach.

Before I started studying with the Witnesses, I studied on my own for many years. I did not have any outside influences such as church or kingdom hall preaching from the pulpit. I came up with a different understanding than you. Jesus is not YHWH and hellfire is not found in the Bible.

"whahappened"

From my observation, they would be considered a cult according to the standards of this world. But then so would the cults of Jesus and Moses.

"undercover"

That was my first post on this forum.

"sd-7"

From my understanding, the prerequisits for being an NGO changed after they were accepted and when they found out you have to run through some hoops they did not feel comfortable running so they did not renew the library card. Simple.

Have I made up my mind? I may have after reading both sides of the issue. Those who oppose the JWs will never say a good thing about them. JWs will make the most innocent of mistakes and the opposers will jump on it like a zombie attacking a human making the mistake the biggest thing since Ted Haggards homosexual liasons.

"jwfacts"

I started to read your link and them stopped when you started to lead your reader to agree with your perspective. That was the very first paragraph. When you read something like "should quickly alert readers that the quality of information is poor, filled with its falallcies and common techniques used to mislead..." you know that it is full of doggie doo doo. I stopped reading. Your style of writing is like reading a tabloid magazine.

"mindblown"

You also oppose JWs as well. You think you only opppose the GB, WT, but you know you want to do harm to your former brothers and sisters too, huh?

"MrsJones"

I think you need to read my full OP, not just skim through it. I did not judge anybody. I judged the information most opposers of JWs have about them to be very biased.

"problematic"

I do not know what the scope of knowledge is in regards to the NGO status, but the ones I have discussed it will know about it. It appeared to me that nobody was not aware of this issue.

Now on to work.... will be back at a later time

Change of the Name!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Still judging. Get a dictionary. You obviously need one.

full stop everyone...this puppy is a jw. He/she/it isn't even very good at pretending to be a "study". The arrogence is amazing and smacks of a dye in the wool jw that we all know so well cuz we've either been that person or have had to deal with such a person in our lives within the bOrg.

CN, you are fooling no one.

A troll is here to feed.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ray rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any way what if can show you jesus is god ? we only use the bible ,we can even use the nwt. is that fair?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I started to read your link and them stopped when you started to lead your reader to agree with your perspective.

Well I'm glad you found an organization that does NOT lead its readers to agree with its perspective...

If you are arguing for a purpose, the purpose of showing how an opposing perspective is wrong, you must lead your reader to agree with your perspective. Ever watched a debate, Change Name?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Change Name,

You evaded my questions. Why? Unable to answer?

• RoosterMcDooster
    RoosterMcDooster

Welcome ChangeName.

If you have come to believe what you wrote in your op, why did post here?

IFTT

• kepler
    kepler

Change Name,

Greetings. Have been following this discussion off and on. I had just reviewed the UN-NGO issue last night myself (again). Regarding:

-----

"sd-7":

From my understanding, the prerequisits for being an NGO changed after they were accepted and when they found out you have to run through some hoops they did not feel comfortable running so they did not renew the library card. Simple....

---

I come to a different conclusion. As the correspondence with the Manchester Guardian reporter indicates, the NGO status had to be renewed annually. Also, it was dropped after it became public knowledge.

Now why would it be sought in the first place? I don't think it had to do with library research requirements, but rather the cachet it brought to the search for funds. To illustrate, Ms. Carolyn Wah of the legal staff put together several briefs/ petitions to obtain funds held by Swiss banks related to Holocaust victims, of which there are several hundred European Jehovah Witnesses. Would such an estate guardian turn over such funds to a third party in lieu of a surviving family member?

NOT UNLESS THEY WERE REPRESENTATIVES OF AN ORGANIZATION LIKE A UNITED NATIONS NGO.

I also read over some of the publications of the WatchTower and teaching pamphlets on the topic of the UN, the notion that they (the "disgusting thing"of prophethic texts) would even dare intervene in what the WT has a vested interest in describing as a disintegrating world.

The text of the plan is avail as a PDF at

-----------------------------------------------

In re Holocaust Victim Assets Litigation : - Swiss ...

www.swissbankclaims.com/pdfs_eng/WatchTowerBible.pdf

This Document Relates to All Actions. Holocaust Victim Assets Litigation (Swiss Bank Litigation). Proposed Plan of Allocation for. Jehovah's Witness Victims and ...

-------------

In contrast to the proposals I had seen from Jewish groups, there was NO plan to distribute any of the funds to SURVIVORS or RELATIVES. The funds were simply to be dispersed in WTS related educational projects, more pats on the organization's own back. The plan had chutzpah, I'll grant that...

Have a good day.

• DubR
    DubR

I SWEAR HALF OF YOU PEOPLE ON JWN ARE RETARDED. Change Name IS A JW TROLL. YOU CANT REASON WITH IT. ITS MIND IS MADE UP. THINK... WHY WOULD A PERSON STUDYING WITH JWS SAY IT WAS GOING GREAT, STOP COLD TURKEY STUDYING FOR 2 MONTHS AND THEN RUN TO JWN TO DEFEND THEM. ITS ILLOGICAL!! THIS IS JW "SPIRITUAL WARFARE" AT ITS BEST. Most likely an elder (who has recently changed his name thus Change Name)trying to make JWs look a little bit better/less hypocrite and all of you are playing right along. Giving him hits Getting Trolled! TROLOLOLOL smh some old people dont get it smh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit