New here

by Change Name 123 Replies latest jw experiences

• RoosterMcDooster
  • DubR
    DubR

@Christ Alone I understand what you are saying I just know from personal experience its not that easy. But hey we are all grown, please continue to feed the troll leftover thanksgiving bits lol

@RoosterMcDooster No, this is feeding the troll. "Change Name You are absolutely right. That UN stuff was not that serious and it was only for a silly library card. After the organization was exposed by a newspaper for being a NGO, they decided to no longer be members because its just too much drama being a NGO (everybody be hating on a playa). JWs are right so start your study back and get baptized into the loving muscular white arms of Jehovah & his chosen org!" RoosterMcDooster THATS HOW U FEED A TROLL LOL!!!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the whole thing with the lib card, the wt says if you go the ymca for a swimiming card thats apostasy. straight up double standard!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Unstop, it doesn't make sense because its a lie.

• RoosterMcDooster
    RoosterMcDooster

Kidding aside. Name Change if you are sincere in your beliefs thats fine, we all can believe what we want to. But why make your original post?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrsjones i agree, its sad when people defend lies because they have no other choice!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

ChangeName, Welcome! I follow the "Innocent until proven guilty" crowd, so until the time comes that you prove youself to be a "Troll", I will welcome and read your posts, and I will not automatically assume that you are here to cause problems. The same accusations happen to many new people here, so please don't take it personally.

There is a search function here, and you will find all kinds of interesting things to ask the person who studies with you. You will also find answers to any of your own personal questions that you may have.

Many of us don't have problems with the JW's themselves, but we do have problems with the leadership at Bethel and their teachings which separate families and cause an untold amount of deaths due to their archaic blood teachings.

Please understand that many of us have been hurt deeply by the Watchtower. If you open your mind, truly open it up to new thoughts, you will find the answers that can quite literally save you from untold pain and suffering from losing family and friends, or a premature death from not taking blood if you absolutely need it, etc.

Welcome again, and I wish you the best as you seek the answers that you are looking for!!!

• sd-7
    sd-7

"sd-7"
    From my understanding, the prerequisits for being an NGO changed after they were accepted and when they found out you have to run through some hoops they did not feel comfortable running so they did not renew the library card. Simple.
    Have I made up my mind? I may have after reading both sides of the issue. Those who oppose the JWs will never say a good thing about them. JWs will make the most innocent of mistakes and the opposers will jump on it like a zombie attacking a human making the mistake the biggest thing since Ted Haggards homosexual liasons.

First, this matter of the UN library card--this in itself could very well have been entirely innocent. It's just that the circumstantial evidence makes it look decidedly questionable. Viewing it objectively, one can see how any kind of interaction with the UN could stumble JWs (who by the way, are mostly unaware this ever happened). A more honest way to deal with this situation would have been for the Society to dispel any concerns publicly so as to prevent the brothers and sisters from being stumbled by any kind of misconstruing of the circumstances. But that's not what happened; the correspondence that explained this situation was not brought to the attention of the entire organization. And I guarantee that anyone asking too many questions would just be expelled from the religion. This to me suggests an unwillingness to be forthright and reasonable with people you claim you're willing to die for.

Second, I disagree with the notion that there's nothing good about JWs at all. That's not the case at all. They have some very good moral standards and tend to be knowledgeable in a general sense about the Bible. They often show kindness to each other and even to strangers at times. JWs I have known are generally decent people. I simply disagree with their teachings and the methods and procedures employed by the Watchtower Society.

Note how the pages of The Watchtower pull no punches in routinely referring to opposers as liars, thieves, ravenous wolves, essentially like they're diseased, sick individuals. All for the simple act of disagreeing. The Society can change its mind ten times a year and it's being led by holy spirit, but the individual has fallen to Satan if he changes his mind once. This is an inflexible, unreasonable way to approach things if you're going to say this is a worldwide brotherhood. Something as simple as wearing a beard is 'the most innocent of mistakes', but guess what? You won't be giving any talks with that beard on, that's for sure. Something's wrong with your spirituality.

Everyone makes mistakes. I don't think every little thing warrants jumping down their throats. But there are specific things that are simply not minor and cannot be overlooked, especially given the claims to be the one true religion. A group that routinely has nothing good at all to say about all other Christian religions and has spent much of the last century picking at every mistake they've made since 325 C.E.

But since you are still responding, it is clear that you have in fact not decided to be loyal to the JW organization, as it strictly commands you to avoid all contact with 'opposers'. If you had decided, we wouldn't be hearing from you again.

--sd-7

• Hillary
    Hillary

I don't understand how in this day and age (meaning the internet age with access to so much information) any adult can be seriously contemplating believing in and joining this religion. My family was duped into it in 1980 but there was no internet back then so they didn't know anything other than what was told to them by the JW's and their literature and they became indoctrinated. I just can't fathom that this is still happening today. Really?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I don't understand how in this day and age (meaning the internet age with access to so much information) any adult can be seriously contemplating

believing in and joining this religion

Hilary, I was just discussing this with a friend of mine the other day. And it was fascinating. He was raised as a JW, and eventually left because of wanting to experience the world outside of the WT. We met up and had a great conversation. He was unaware of literally all of the problems with the WT. He was unaware of the coverup scandles of child molestors. He was unaware of them being a NGO in the UN. He was unaware of the constant flip flops they've done. I was surprised. This is a VERY intelligent guy. He has his masters in finance and is very well educated. But when it came to the WT, the religion of his youth, he knew NOTHING.

I was able to inform him about a lot of the issues. Towards the end of the conversation he said, "I don't even know where to begin to find out about this stuff... Where can I go?" I told him all about jwfacts.com.

Afterwards, while thinking about it, I was shocked that someone could be so blind about it. It's almost like he knew where to get information on literally any other subject...EXCEPT the WT. It was almost some sort of subconscious block in his mind that info about them could be found.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit