non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubR
    DubR

Hilarious contradictions in the bible show I (an atheist) that I am right and all this stuff was made up a long time ago by uneducated pervy guys! Zachariah 14:1-2 Ole Jehovah is gathering all nations against jerusalem and assisting in plunder and RAPE. Deauteronomy 22:28-29 Loving Jehovah commands RAPE victims to marry their attackers (thats justice fo yo arse). Genesis 6:5 All knowing Jehovah decies to wipe men off earth via global flood because mans inclination of thoughts in his heart was bad. But in Genesis 8:21 he decides to never do it again because lol mans inclination of thoughts in his heart are bad (whata smart God)!

Yes, dont get mad at me and really read those scriptures in full context. If u still believe atheist "could" be wrong then u my friend are still brainwashed by the bible. I joke about bible contradictions but if there were not any contradictions and history agreed with bible history AND there was one scripture commanding guys to marry the women they rape, I would hate and fear that perverted middle eastern ped ow file god.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Are you worried non believers will end up in Hell Fire?

If the atheist are right, we all die and won't know any difference when death strikes us down.

If the Theist are right, God in his infinite love and mercy, will weigh people's lives with their screwed up DNA (Thank you Adam), discount Satan's evil attacks against humans, add more love and compassion from Jesus Christ sacrifice.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    He endorsed the God of Abraham, Isaac, Israel. . . . tec

That's what I mean Tammy . . . he did endorse some of the OT, as when he rejected Satan. The whole history of the OT was presented as if it were true . . . "Just as the days of Noah were . . ." and on that occasion the days of Noah were referring to a global slaughter that he said was to be repeated in the future.

The nation of Israel followed a divine manifestation during the Exodus that saw the Egyptian army drowned . . . why couldn't he just leave them on the other side? And then of course they proceeded to carry out some horrible genocide after that.

Either you toss out the whole OT or not. If you do, the prophecies identifying the Messiah go with it.

I can't subscribe to that standard of morality . . . but Christ obviously did, or he should have come straight out and said the OT was crap . . . not just gingerly tinkered with it here and there.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

that was my thought but earlier when i said that i care about what happens to non believers it was takin a arrogence which my have come accoss that way but its not. i really do care . and dubr i will look over all your thoughts and get back to you

• tec
    tec

I would counter that because Christ corrected some views, that He did not endorse the whole OT... but rather some of it. Because it was only a shadow, and not the Truth, He came to show the Truth of God. So that if one continues to look backward...one does not see anything more than a shadow. But if one looks at Christ, then one can see His Father.

I'll get back to you on the Noah thing, probably on a different thread. I don't want to rush through it, and I have to go out in a few.

Peace,

tammy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

What would it matter if atheists are wrong? People spend most of their lives being wrong and making mistakes; but they live with the consequences- or die from them. It’s only possible to make the right decisions when there is accurate information- and in the case of God, there isn’t any. Judeo-Christian beliefs are no more credible than those of any other religion.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" i said that i care about what happens to non believers it was takin a arrogence which my have come accoss that way but its not. i really do care"

And that rubs me the wrong way. I don't need you to care about my non belief. Not believing there's a god isn't a disease that needs a 5k run to help search for the cure. I'm cool with it but the fact that it bothers you is really your problem not mine. Like a friend of mine used to say " that sounds like a personal problem".

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

perfect1, IMHO, your opposition, or lack of belief in God, is actually a spiritual state. Ironic isn't it?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Not ironic at all. Non-atheists often like to paint atheists so that we make sense to their worldview. For some, everything is measured on a spiritual ruler, therefore, atheists must have a place on that ruler. So it's not ironic, but completely in line. We just deny the existence of that ruler.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrsjones i really dont want to rub anyone any way esp the wrong way. im not saying that disbelieving is a disease . many people call yahweh an imaginery friend or compare god to a flying pasta monster or whatever i take that as there opionon and i have mine .i just dont want my words to come off different on here than what i mean in my head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit