non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brinjen
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

What does Christ say about this?

To those that much is given, much will be asked - Believers are held to a highr standard of life.

According to John:

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. g 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.” h

BUt condemed inm what way? to what?

John answers:

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and (W) believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and (X) does not come into judgment, but has (Y) passed out of death into life.

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, (Z) an hour is coming and now is, when (AA) the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who (AB) hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He (AC) gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to (AD) execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for (AE) an hour is coming, in which (AF) all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; (AG) those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

• happy@last
    happy@last

unstopableravens, I don't believe there is a god who cares, but I care and live life accordingly, is there anything wrong in trying to live and good and decent life without having to answer to a god?

• brinjen
    brinjen

Well, I'd love to stay and chat but being an atheist I have an orgy, bottle of Jacks and a joint to get back to... later.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

onthewayout like what?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

according to my ex-wife who's still a JW, I'm always wrong!

So sod it! I'm screwed no matter what I believe!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

brinjen sorry if you thought that was my implication it was not, this is why it hard to talk openly about this on forums ppl take what u say differnt than what you mean.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" i really was frustrated i could have gone and lived a life us fun sex partys whatever but that to me is like shopping alot with a credit card because your doing what u want now and worring about the bill later and i guess i rambing on but i just think about down the road just not now."

well that's what YOU would do honey. Not all of us non believers are debt ridden sluts.

Well I was a tad slutty but that was before I got married and had a bunch of youngins and surprise surprise I don't have a credit card to my name. Got rid of those things 18+ years ago.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

it seems that many who were jw for so many years attach jehovah/yahweh with the watchtower and since the wt is wrong than god does not exist

Wrong conclussion. I dont think that we stopped believing in a God for that reason.....

My stance was like this.... if the WT lied to me about the bible.... who else did? and the research started.... and the WT was absolved because we discovered the biggest lie ever told.

Keep researching... start thinking based on your conclusions and not what you are told... and see where that takes you.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

happy@last i dont believe it about living a good life as if that is how a person gets salvation. i believe we are all born sinners none seeking god but our own way and that jesus is the only way to god not by our own good works. but complete faith in him. so i am not saying that non believers are bad and belivers are good people i have respect for both like i said

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit