non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I would prefer they put all that motivation into something that can be achieved----cancer research----feeding the children---healthcare----protecting the enviornment---social justice---whatever. Something that can actually be achieved.

I agree. And these are the Christiansthat I appreciate. The ones that focus on an eternal reward or teaching doctrines to the exclusion of phsycially helping others are ones that I avoid and that I feel cause a bad name for Christianity.

Fortunately there are many Christians that contribute to the welfare of others. Of course it must be noted that there are many non Christian institutions that do this as well. Both can be forces for good.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Don't be so concerned with an atheist being wrong. They believe that WE are wrong.

Bzzzzz.

No.

It is not our belief that you are wrong. We just don't see enough evidence that you are right. Please note and understand the distinction.

In an everyday analogy, when a defendant is pronounced "Not Guilty" it does not mean that he is innocent. It just means that there is not enough evidence of his guilt.

As someone who makes the claim/case for god, you just have not provided any evidence to support your claim. That's it. You are not wrong. Your claim just remains unsupported and atheists use a pragmatic approach not to put any weight to it. As well as the case for Allah, as well as the case for Vishnu, as well as the case for Santa Claus, etc....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    i could have gone and lived a life us fun sex partys whatever but that to me is like shopping alot with a credit card
    because your doing what u want now and worring about the bill later and i guess i rambing on but i just think about
    down the road just not now.

Sex Partys?..LOL!!..

Why not knock on doors in your nieghborhood and ask where the sex partys are?..

I`m sure someone will help you out..

..........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

outlaw i guess should have put a comma between the words. that is not what i meant but thats still funny

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Unstop, good to see you still have your sense of humour ! you have been given a bumpy ride on this thread, not your fault, but we all , who are non-theists, and have had to suffer misunderstanding, and worse, preaching, by believers feel we have a right to show the rational way of thinking about things.

Believers are just as free to show the irrational way of thinking about things, bless 'em !

As the Brit comedian Jimmy Carr said, " we all had imaginary friends, its just that I have grown out of mine ".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    As the Brit comedian Jimmy Carr said, " we all had imaginary friends, its just that I have grown out of mine ".

That's not condesending at all :)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

phizzy thanks that was my point from the beginning i do not put a non believer down i do not think im better than anyone i really just want to get an idea if athiest worry about the afterlife i do not wish to force my beliefs on anyone. i just strongly believe what i believe and think it of value .so yes i understand its a hot issue because on both side people can be rude ,i do not wish to be that way and if i am than i will be sorry. and yes i can take jokes as long as its not intened to hurt anyone.my fav show is big bang theory if that mean anything !

• atrapado
    atrapado

unstopableravens - I think you need to loose your phobia. Phobia because you can't prove God exists or that there is a hell. I have never met someone that came back from hell. However I see people throughout history controling the masses with fears of the afterlife. Even if God exists why would he punish his own creation?

Should I live my life in fear based on some super very small possibility that there is an afterlife? Should I be unhappy trying to please some imaginary God with no 100% guarantee I will get anything in return? I used to.

Once I lost that phobia it gives me such a peace. I live my life with the Golden rule. I feel so well and no longer fear death. If there is a God and wants to punish me for not believing in him with the evidence he left(what evidence?) so be it.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

We just don't see enough evidence that you are right.

Touche'

• cofty
    cofty

I don't worry about the afterlife either because I "know" there is one - PS

No you don't. You hope there is, you have some subjective evidence that satisfies your own standard of proof.

To say you know is to abuse language yet again.

Why won't believers admit to the need for faith anymore? Its so disingenuous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit