non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a pretty clear and confident statement to say most people who came directly out the JW were still somewhat God believers

at certain levels, I myself could fit into that category. But I think what eventualy happens mostly out personal investigation

of what is the real truth and why are there so many diverse Christian based religions out there, it becomes obvious that there's

an endeavor by certain men for power and control.

This long sought out exploration of knowledge and understanding of what the bible is and why it was written reveals an explanation

of the human experience in its occurrence in ancients times by those people who acctualy lived during those times.

The bible is both a reference in history as told by the ancient Hebrew civilization as well a reference to how these people told stories

of their god (YHWH) which in turn created relevance toward themselves. When its realized why unbelief in supernatural deities was

not prevalent in that era of human history, the causative factor was from the volume of human ignorance at that time and era.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

unstopableravens ......

Are you assuming just because some one no longer believes in God that they are living a life of guilty pleasure and sin ?

When I was a JW I lived a life of fear, and guilt always worried I might make Jehovah 'sad' because of some minor rule infraction . I no longer feel that way today ,and it is wonderful to not worry constantly .

How I am as a person has not changed just because I do not believe in a higher power examining my every move . I am still a loving caring person interested in others well being . I am a faithful wife , a good Mother,a caring daughter ,hard worker, and a fun friend that enjoys a good laugh . I just no longer talk to invisible friends or feel like I am going to insult the universe if I laugh at a naughty joke .

So what happens if God really does exisit ??? NO ONE KNOWS ....but I for one will have a lot of questions for that extratrestrial . Such as if you are so all powerful and benevolent why do you keep it all to yourself ? If you are a loving Father figure ,how come you only come by for a visit every couple thousand yrs or so ?

This is how I feel about life ...I do not remember what it was like before I was born ,and I figure it will be the same after I die .So make the most of the inbetween time .

Live a good ,happy life .Help your children to enjoy life to the fullest ,do not have regrets .Life is not perfect, and never will be ,do the best with what you got .

• bohm
    bohm

Holy crap, never thought about that, that proove jesus loves me!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Re: non believers what if your wrong ?

Richard Dawkins has a good answer to this pertinent question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

trouble mind i never said that please reread what i wrote! brinjen how am i supposed to listen to you ,you just got done smoking a blunt ? lol

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If there is a God , a real one, worthy of worship*, then I will say "Sorry God, as you gave me zero proof that you existed, you never spoke or anything, then I lived my life as though you did not exist, however I tried to live that life by the Golden Rule".

And He will say "Well done Phizzy, many of those who claimed faith in me did not live by the Golden Rule, they did evil things, but you, with no faith, lived a good life". "I cannot judge against you"

*worthy of worship= if he had the power to combat evil and did so, and was therfore "love", if He had such power and refused to use it, for any reason, He is not worthy of worship, or even being spoken to.

To precis that down to a short answer to the Title: If I'm wrong, so what ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Could be a medicinal blunt and if so it's not that funny.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Does that possibility make you believe, or does it make you say you believe?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NC, what if their Hells are worse than YHWH's Hell?

That's what keeps me up at night! LOL

Since becoming an atheist, I no longer experience guilty pleasure! Just pure pleasure!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't have a god to forgive me my frailties

I must find forgiveness within myself

but I am not a forgiving soul

I require acts to rhetoric

I require progress not excuses

You think your god tasks you

he's a piker compared to my sense of justice

For I demand it first from myself

and I recognize that I fail too damn often

david m myles