non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What if all the religions are wrong and god is pissed off because everyone's idea of deity is incorrect? What if you are wrong, and you've spent your time, your career, your finances, your entire life advocating a fantasy while those atheists and freethinkers you have been trying to "save" have been the ones with the firm grasp on reality this whole time? Reality is mysterious and inspiring enough without fantasies and delusions, and there are enough real problems in our world removing the need to create imaginary problems.

What if I'm wrong? Then I hope god or whoever/whatever is out there is intelligent and rational and compassionate and empathic enough to understand the limits of our understanding, that I and many others like me would have believed if we had only seen reason to believe, that many of us used to believe, and didn't step away from faith because we wanted to, but because we saw it was the right thing to do.

If you are wrong, you waste the lifetime you have on your delusion, hoping you have picked the right one. If I am wrong, I enjoyed the life I expected to have. If I am wrong, and God has some eternal damnation in mind for me, based not on who I was and how I acted, but rather on some unsupported belief in something that my rational brain just couldn't maintain, then damn him. Who would want to worship such a God anyway?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

in the 8 years I've been here I've rarely spoken about condemnation(I preach salvation in Jesus Christ)...but I'm not going to deny that Jesus spoke about it as consquence of rejecting Him.

How often you bring it up is not the issue. Nobody can ever judge the pureness of your motives for serving this god, not even you, because of the terror that is held over your head if you should refuse to do so. And I think that is incredibly sad. Abusive, violent types often claim to love their victims. And the victims often believe them. That is how I see this. A victim who has learned not to bring on the ire of a brutal, sadistic, violent being. Honeymoon stage, if you will. Victims of abuse thrive on the honeymoon stage. Yet it does not change the character of the abuser. The abuser has simply convinced his victim that it is an expression of love. A common story, but nothing beautiful about it. Just incredible sadness.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

on the way out: romans 1:20 creation alone is enough that disbelief in a cretator is unexceptable. bacic logic,if you see a painting and never see who paints it you would never conclude that it painted itself. creation is the same way. every aspect of life ppl do this but when it comes to a creator ,some do not follow the same logic.

people are still posting on this? lol

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Unstopable, do you believe God created predation? Cheetahs with their magnificent speed to hunt down their prey; lions with their huge claws, powerful bodies, and flesh-ripping teeth; or even this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSf3Kshq1M&feature=g-vrec

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hey knowsnothing can u try out ur video? maybe its my phone but i wont load. yes i believe that got created that,but thats kind of interesting to think about .whats in the video?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

its playing now let me watch this!

• cofty
    cofty
    romans 1:20 creation alone is enough that disbelief in a cretator is unexceptable

The argument from design was demolished by Darwin 150 years ago.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

okay, i watched the video kind of reminds me of the ravens playing the steelers. whats ur thoughts?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hey cofty hows my freind? im not talking about charles ,im talking about each of us he had theorys im talking about when we see the stars the moon flowers, can we say well the was an accident? hardly would you look at ur car and say wow evolution design this car well? no you know a person designed it. would you go and focus on theorys to prove the car was an accident? the point is creation reveals the creator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit