Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• perfect1
    perfect1

haha. Shoes off, head uncovered. Just wear socks.

LOL.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

Do the cognitive behavior therapy. It's not a quick answer and it's not always easy, but it will help you greatly. I don't have all the answers. No therapy can do that. But my life has been changed greatly by it. Much freedom is gained when a person opens their mind and agrees to try to see certain things in new ways. Good luck, sweetie!

• Kate82
    Kate82

Still no pm from u perfect1

• Kate82
    Kate82

Left in the cold have u done the cognitive behavorible threapy?? Culd u pm me what happens if u have and what its like??

Thanks

• perfect1
    perfect1

Sorry Kate I have to go, will send you something a bit later.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kate. I have replied

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Cognitive behaviour therapy is a way of helping a person to look at their problems in a different light compared to how they have been.

It's usually the first type of therapy treatment psychologists will try with a depressed patient. They will also determine if you need anti-depressants.

A good therapist will talk you through the issues you have. It's not something that will cure you overnight. It takes time, depending on how depressed you are and the issues you have.

• Kate82
    Kate82

Thanks again for all your messages and comments. I am gradually making my way through them all.

I saw my Doctor this morning and have decided to go ahead with the cognitive behaviour threapy. I have an appointment with a councellor on tuesday to get admitted through her. I am also continuing with my anti depressants.

I had another visit from my local JW's this afternoon. I didnt open the door this time. But when i went downstairs to get the mail had a copy of the awake and watchtower magazines. Written on one of the magazines was this "here are a couple of magazines for you, we'll get a bible for you too kind regards kerri and Brian and a phone number"

I am a little confused about some things, i woild be grateful of any advice.

Normally its 2 ladies that come not a Gentleman and a lady. Why would this now change?? Also if they intended on giving me a bible why did they not leave that at the same time?? As for not answering the door the reason i didnt was, once i saw a gentleman i panicked and thought i have nothing to cover my head wiyh - as a mark of respect. Am i right in thinking that i must cover my head if a gentleman is present?? I wouldnt even know where to get a headscarf??

Lastly, with the number are they asking me to call them when im availabe so they can come back??

P.s - i am in the uk.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Kate82... no you don't need to cover your head...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit