A big shift in the world is about to happen......

by EndofMysteries 239 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Elephant said:

...on the second point...you are still confusing hard stone-cold science books with books on religion and philosophy...

You DO realize that ancient knowledge wasn't broken down into specific topics, like is done today? In other words, historic documents like the law code of Hammaurabi begin with a preamble that included divinities which establishes the right for the King to rule over his fellow man, etc?

Remember: in ancient cultures, the medical doctor WAS the philosopher WAS the scientist WAS the holy man/priest/prophet. Realize the specialization of roles that you assume from your current-day view didn't develop until much later in the development of Western civilization.

That's the kicker: some get hung up on a 3,000 yr old book without even bothering to learn the historical context in which it appeared, assuming that it has meaning to them for some God-awful reason....

• Elephant
    Elephant

Remember: in ancient cultures, the medical doctor WAS the philosopher WAS the scientist WAS the holy man/priest/prophet. Realize the specialization of roles that you assume from your current-day view didn't develop until much later in the development of Western civilization.

solomon...so you are confirming that they played or carried out MANY, SEVERAL, MULTIPLE, MORE THAN ONE ETC..ETC.. roles?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

solomon brings up a good point............HOW exactly was it that these priests/spiritual people were somehow knowing advanced scientific things, medicines, etc, without using science? Who told them?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

solomon brings up a good point............HOW exactly was it that these priests/spiritual people were somehow knowing advanced scientific things, medicines, etc, without using science? Who told them?

Study any good textbook on the history of medicine. It's all in there.

Study the ancient beliefs of men (Orian's Origins of European Thought is interesting, showing the common beliefs of ancient cultures, primarily due to Egyptian and Babylonians leading the way in their early science).

Look into the cross-fertilization of ideas that occurred amongst the brightest men of their day, who served as ambassadors of their Nations in foreign courts (eg Persian court in Iran, under Darius, etc). How did Zoroasterianist beliefs incorporate Eastern mysticism elements from India, which maeventually de their way into Xianity? Talk. People traveled and talked, as they shared their ideas. THAT was considered top-secret information of the ruling class, but nowadays it's not impressive as basic science and medicine has surpassed their rudimentary beliefs (and their good stuff survived as long-standing practices that are now common-place and even low-tech, eg aspirin was developed in Sumeria)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

All of their knowledge came from the FMA documents.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

EOM...can I have a shot of whatever it is you're drinking?

One more question, can I bump this post in a year and laugh when nothing significant has happened?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

king solomon, the history of medicine, well modern day medicine, the symbol used, is given credit to the god Asclepius, most pharmacy will show the staff of Asclepius, but by mistake in the early part of the century many had confused it with the Caduceus. And in many middle eastern countries they use the symbol of goddess Hygieia which is her holding a pan w/ a snake's mouth over it.

But modern day pharmacy is traced to the temple of Asclepius.

As for indians and such, it was the witchdoctors and such that somehow learned what roots and plants and combinations to use for certain things.

Did they try every variation of every plant for every illness and conduct trials for all of the millions of possibilities and end of finding it. Or did spirits instruct them, the spirits knowing the science of it, so that they would use the benefits to call it magic and get worship from them?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Did they try every variation of every plant for every illness and conduct trials for all of the millions of possibilities and end of finding it. Or did spirits instruct them, the spirits knowing the science of it, so that they would use the benefits to call it magic and get worship from them?

Why would the combinations be millions? Are you aware of this exciting new invention called "math"?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

yea Tres, I hope nothing significant happens a year from now. Unlike JWs, I do NOT look forward to the day. Amos 5:18 says WOE to those CRAVING the day of Jehovah/Lord/Yahweh/God.

I would be fine to grow old and die and the world doesn't get any worse then it is now, that this is the worst and it either stays the same or improves, if that would be the case I would be content.

I do not know when, I only know what I've learned and that it seems at some point after that begins, things get crazy.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Excellent.... the monkeys will be loose soon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit