A big shift in the world is about to happen......

by EndofMysteries 239 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Heh, funny you'd mention that, as the longstanding claim has been that the story was an allegory of the Populist party of Baum's day, even taught as such. HOWEVER, simply because a story lends itself to an allegorical interpretation does NOT mean the author INTENDED it to serve as a particular allegory. Being that you're willing to live your life based on allegories of the Bible, you'd be wise to study the subject of literary criticism, perhaps starting with Baum's "The Wizard of Oz".

I am well aware that writers put allegory into their stories for various purposes not always known (like an easter egg) However, the Wizard of Oz is a very special movie from a very special time, not to mention bringing color film into the mainstream. The books I am not terribly familiar with. Have you heard Oprah's interpretation of the Wizard of Oz film? She's a wise woman. "You always had the power" is very reminiscent of eastern thought which has greatly influenced western thought. It's eternally special.

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    God is pure and good which is perfect, but you cannot have the front of a hand without the back of a hand.
    I am not following. This seems to imply that for every Messiah, there will be an anti-messiah doing just as bad. For every good act, there will be an equally bad act. This implies that all of us, you, me, Tec, OTWO, KS, Jesus, God, Satan....we are all neutral. You can't have the back of the hand without the front, so to speak.
    Or do you mean collectively we all add up to neutral?

I ain't neutral. I must be the front of a hand, and I say "Talk to the hand." I know I am not evil, but maybe the God of the Old Testament balances out like the back of the hand to my front. I mean, have you read about that guy? He's all about raping little girls after killing their entire family, seizing the land of people that never even knew about how they could have worshipped him, punishing people for doing bad before they even have the knowledge of good and bad, killing everyone on earth saying THEY are wicked then regretting it.

The world is ending on December 21, 2012 anyway. So whatever.

• shamus100
    shamus100

What a stupid thread.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Stoopid monkay said:

What a stupid thread.

YOUR stoopid, so go piss in your mouthe and drenk it! HA!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I drink it and I love it. Suck eggs.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I ain't neutral. I must be the front of a hand, and I say "Talk to the hand." I know I am not evil, but maybe the God of the Old Testament balances out like the back of the hand to my front. I mean, have you read about that guy? He's all about raping little girls after killing their entire family, seizing the land of people that never even knew about how they could have worshipped him, punishing people for doing bad before they even have the knowledge of good and bad, killing everyone on earth saying THEY are wicked then regretting it.

Damn, that's quite the misinterpretation of the Torah. Not sure what to say except maybe try again from the top?

-Sab

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Well, I'll hand it to you: it makes good sense in an arid desert environment where there's no fresh water available... But if there was a SUPPLY of fresh-water nearby (like I suspect there was, in that video), it would just be lazy, or a stoopid party trick to perform when you're incredibly drunk...

• shamus100
    shamus100

We should keep this on topic for a change. Thread-capping monkey shit on here would somehow bring more sanity into this conversation.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sab said:

God is pure and good which is perfect, but you cannot have the front of a hand without the back of a hand.

Huh? The back of a hand is no more evil or good/pure than the front. That is a completely whack analogy! Simply because you can form a sentence into the form of an analogy doesn't mean it's a valid comparison.

PURE means PURE, unadulterated. Uncorrupted. You cannot tap-dance out of that one.

Eventually as a creator God you are going to have a challenger to your goodness, then what? That's why we need Messiah Kings which are all lead by the King of Kings. So, the real progression is Order->Chaos->Order->Chaos which is a pattern that serves as the momentum for all of existence, imo.

We've been all over your misunderstanding of chaos vs order (where they co-exist now, and always have co-existed), aso it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about. You'd do yourself a favor not to mention chaos until you take some courses in physics (at least 1 yr of physics before you get to concepts like chaos, which requires an understanding of calculus, as well).

Sorry Sab, but physics is not a matter of "opinion": you have to learn to 'crawl' (learn the basics) before you can 'fly' (i.e. forming opinions on physics topics. It's just like you cannot form a valid opinion on say Mozart's vs Bach's compositional techniques, without getting a basic understanding of music theory/harmony, and learning the basics of music composition).

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Huh? The back of a hand is no more evil or good/pure than the front. That is a completely whack analogy! Simply because you can form a sentence into the form of an analogy doesn't mean it's a valid comparison.

I stated the hand analogy because we exist in a world where there can never be just the front of a hand. If the front exists the back does also. The same goes for God. With God (Order) comes Evil (Chaos) because God is good and the opposite of good is evil. Therefore evil exists and requires vanquishing.

We've been all over your misunderstanding of chaos vs order, and it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about, so you'd be yourself a favor to noy mention chaos until you take courses in physics (at least 2 yrs before you get to concepts like chaos). Sorry, but physics is not a matter of "opinion": you have to learn to crawl before you can fly (which is what forming opinions on a physics topic requires).

I wasn't giving a physcial explanation of existence so why are you holding it to physical standards?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit