Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Heath N
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    sir82: "Hey, it looks like you guys are kind of Catholic-lite....you even have your own child abuse scandal and have to pay out $millions....I thought you said you guys didn't have to worry about stuff like that?"

• cedars
    cedars

Once we know the final figure, can someone post a new thread with that figure in the header?

The way this thread is going, I can see myself having to trawl through pages and pages to find out what the final damage is if I'm asleep when it's announced.

Okay, so I'm lazy!

Cedars

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

yeah, i had no idea this thread would blow up like this cause i didnt even think it was recent. it would be great if one of the pillars like Barbara makes a new thread once the punitive damages come out with all the key info. just a thought.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yep. It's hard to keep up here... LOL.

It's big news and most of the ex-jw community hasn't even checked in here yet. ;P

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I use Twitter a lot and if I have something I think JWs should see like this paedophile case I include @jworg and @jw_media in my tweet as any JW then searching for the official twitter accounts of the Watchtower will also see my tweets. Whether they want to see them or or not those tweets will be included in a search for the bOrg.

• fireflower
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Dang, I want to read the Special Verdict, filed June 13, cited in yesterday's minutes...

EDIT: I removed my stupid question. I'm sure the first place it will be available to the public is the court's website.

• VIII
    VIII

Great news to read!!!

• Dagney
    Dagney

This is fantastic news!

Makes me think the more truth that can be shared about the religion and it's practices the better. Who knows, a juror or the judge may have personal knowledge of the despicable shunning practice that exists, and when it came to making a decision on a different matter, they would have a clearer picture of the nicely dressed people that knock on their door Saturday mornings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit